Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
having a deposition!
Hi! Everybody! Just a short little question. After not hearing from my Attorney for a while, I just got a letter stating that I'm having a deposition on June 9th I've never been to one and just wondering if anybody here has? Do I need to prepare notes or anything? Oh by the way I'm from Ca. Thanks!

It can be easy if you let it be;

Be honest, direct to the point on answering, if you don't know the answer just say that, don't try to make up a answer. And it will go smooth from there. Just never lie, and you wont get caught up in anything....
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

You'r lawyer should have a meeting with you before this happens to talk about what will be asked and direct you on how to answere the questions,but dont lie tell the truth as this can and will be held against you in a court room.It will be recorded and if you need a break dont be afraid to ask for on.Its like being in court but with no judge,the other side is just looking for anything they can use to denie ur claim or use against you.Take ur time and be calm.Be short and to the point and be nice dont get upset or snap at them.Good luck.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

they will ask about your employment and job history, your medical history and the names of all doctors you've seen.
you can write it down and bring it with you but you'll still have read it into the statement.
it's best to ask your atty as to what they prefer
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Ask for a copy of your deposition statement to be sent to you.

This will give you the opportunity to make any corrections.

I found several mistakes made in the printed statement of my deopsition.

I made the corrections and mailed the corrected copy in the envelope provided.

http://www.kstlaw.com/Articles/preparati...sition.htm

Hope this helps!
Let Go, and Let God......

workers compensation is much more informal then civil litigation and the depositions are often much more limited.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Your correct 1171.

I've given two civil depositions, and one work comp deposition.

I found the work comp deposition to be more laid back, but when I received the written copy of my depo it was full of errors.

Wrong last names, pink patch instead of pain patch, and other errors of that nature.

The last civil depositon I gave, I was questioned by 6 attorneys. The written report I received contained no errors.

Your Attorney should set up a Meeting a Short While before Your Depo. and Prep You on how to Handle Yourself. The Truth is always the Easiest Thing to Remember, and if You have forgotten a Person's Name, or a Date, just Say so and Maybe Your Attorney can Refresh Your Memory. It's a bit Nerve Wracking, but I Believe with the Proper Guidance from Your Attorney You should do Fine! Good Luck!Wink
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

workers comp depositions are worthless for the most part.
they are only used by attys as extra fee generators as they are billed as additional costs and not part of the basic fee.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AME Deposition Shadow 3 7,798 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Question about deposition Backache1217 3 4,290 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question deposition hamrs_62 2 5,092 06-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
Question Question about deposition? lizdawiz82 8 14,891 12-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Had deposition , don't understand it janet1031 4 8,058 09-27-2011, 11:55 AM