Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduled for my IME...
I injured my back in the state of oregon working at my state job. The IC called yesterday and told me I needed to see an independent medical doctor in a little over 30 days. This doctor is in Portland, 45 minutes away from the IC. I am however, 6 hours away. They gave me the option to drive or they would fly me in and put me up in the hotel. My problem is....I hurt my SI joint and I haven't driven but a few miles as I am on daily pain medications...without them I have almost no mobility. Flying sounds like a better option but I cannot sit for extended periods of time without adjusting positions. My main problem with flying is all of the walking from the parking areas, through the terminals. This would be more walking then I have done in 3 months.
I know why they want me to go see "their" doctors but can't I request someone equally qualified in my area? This experience no matter how I get there will put me through the ringer and all so they can use it against me...HELP!!!

You can Ask for Someone Closer, but They Must want this Dr. for a Reason. If You have to Fly, You can get Rides on Golf Cart Like Vehicles at the Airports to get You from Gate to Gate, and then to baggage and a Taxi. I Believe You can Call ahead and Request This.If You Have an Attorney Contact Them after the Holiday and try and get an IME Closer. Best of Luck!Wink

You can also Ask Them to Drive You, I've had that Done Twice, the First in a Limo, and the Second in a '09 Land Rover. They will stop and Let You Walk when needed. Let Them know if You do This You are still going to need a Motel for the Evening as You could Never Travel 12 Hours in One Day!
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

Show your doctor this letter also. Ask the doctor if it is safe for you, and your health to make the trip. If the doctor states no, you need to ask for a written report stating that. Supply that copy of the report to your attorney, then to the IC. At such time, your attorney makes a request for an IME closer to you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

if you do end up going to the ime 6 hours away the flight wont be nearly that long and usually airports have wheelchairs if i was in that kinda shape i would wheel myself everywhere just remember the sooner you get the ime done the sooner you are to haveing worc comp out of your life..it may cause a lil pain but i one would think it would be worth it to get a lil closer to geting out of comp..best of luck to you
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I be Scheduled for Another IME? shefallsdown 3 1,895 01-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Scheduled for a FCE hurt back 18 11,434 08-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Scheduled or None Scheduled uww81 4 5,757 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: uww81
  MRI scheduled missmelody 16 9,207 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: missmelody