Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial on friend's death underway
I've posted prior about the overdose of my friend Robin.

The links below are of the trial in progress.

My friend is referred to Robin G in the trial.

http://pd.kansas.com/sp?aff=1100&keyword...submit.y=9

http://twitter.com/rsylvester

lets just pray this creep gets what he deservs..thank you for posting that i sure will follow it
SETTLED!!!

I understand the issue of what is takeing place with the doctor.

But, it was said the patients overdosed themselves, by taking more drugs (medications) then what was prescribed.

You mean to say, not a friend, or family member could see or know that your friend was overdosing themself, and not a sole tried to help the person out? Other then this doctor? I would sure notice the signs of a person doing this to themself, surly someone else did too.

I still think this could have been prevented, if someone stood up to the plate to help this person out more. And I don't mean the doctor on Trial.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Many of the patients of this doctor were drug seekers. My friend was different, she was going to college fulltime to become a child advocate. She volunteered for the local safehouse and was a Sunday School teacher.

Robin's family says she took the medication per the Rx dosage, they did not see any sign of overdosing and neither did I. The doctor was treating her for migraines.

She died in her sleep overdosing on the lollipop, Actiq.

"In December 2008, the family of Robin Geist-Wick – a 45-year-old patient who died of fentanyl intoxication on May 15, 2007"

Bummer you just said what I said, she was taking more then prescribed...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy I talked to my doctor about the overdose of Robin.

My doctor says this is a pain meds that is difficult to control the dosage.

Think about it.......you have a migraine, the pain is terrible, you take another lick trying to get relief and you overdose.

I understand this Bummer, as I also think there are proper instructions to how it's to be used. It doesn't say lick all you want, or each time you have pain, or keep licking till pain goes away.

I doubt if the the doctor on trial would know how to give proper instructions.

But, you don't know that. As it states right in the court news, patients were increasing doses on their own.

I've followed the trial, and talked to her husband almost daily after he gets home from the trial.

Yes, I have read many patients were increasing their meds on their own.

There are 2 medications involved in Robin's death, the lollipop and Cellephon
with the script being of off label use.

I was questioned at the depo by the attorneys from both drug companies, along with 4 other attorneys, they are of a different world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a family friend Bummer Knees 1 2,490 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Pastor On His Death Bed Cervical_Fusion 2 2,671 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Update about my friend Robin Bummer Knees 0 1,885 01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
  bored to death chrischris 11 8,493 07-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Son's friend, hurt at work bodybuilder1958 4 4,590 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Son's friend seriously hurt at work bodybuilder1958 1 3,196 06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Last Post: backache
  Trial on friend's death to start next month Bummer Knees 2 4,156 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Trial set in friend's overdose Bummer Knees 6 3,796 02-21-2010, 09:22 AM
  Death by fixodent? jayne 15 12,243 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer request Death in Family Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 19,289 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM