Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've never told anyone, not even Admin........
When I first came to this board I was very naive, and being an IW was so new and so scary. I remember being welcomed first by 1171, then Tuffy, then BadBoyBadBoy, then Winky, then Jayne, and so on and so forth. Everything I asked was answered over and over and you people gave me the power to educate myself and take charge. I very much appreciate all of you for that.

Can't believe it's been since 2006, and here we all are. We have seen many come and go, come back, leave again. Each person that has left made that decision themself; that is unless Admin banned them for one reason or another (LOL!). No one can make you leave just like no one can make you stay.

OK, I'm not going to repeat a lot of the garbage that has been going back and forth but I do want to let you all know that for me, the entire drama that has taken place and is still taking place could have easily been prevented, or stopped when Regrets was first recognized as Still. Now It's a matter of trust, and Regrets will have to re-earn that trust from me. He doesn't want to be my friend anymore because of my "For crying out loud post". What I posted was how I felt. Not for him to leave but to stop announcing it every few weeks.

Back to my point:

This is the very first forum I have ever been on. Gone to a few others since but not the same. This one has always had a certain appeal that brings people back.

I am a little colder than I was when I first came here. I still want to be part of this forum, but I am more leary about posters than I was at first. It's been a sequence of things that has brought me to this point, with the most recent one being the "Still Drama".

Not many of you know much about me. Some do. Some I have trusted so much, and got burned, but have kept those hurts to myself and they were very private. The one that is most burned in my mind was from a member called "grundig". Some of you old timers may remember him. He became very good friends offline with another member named "princess". I know several of you remember her. I can't go into detail about the entire situations but they were intertwined and I was used by them. I will tell you, however, about grundig's "contest". I have posted below just a couple of the postings to that thread.

To make a long story short, grundig held a contest and I won. The prize was a software program. He said he tried to email it to me but it didn't work. After several conversations with him, I went against my better judgement and gave him my home address so he could mail the flashdrive of the program. I keep remembering his words "trust me" when I told him I didn't want to give anyone my address. Well, once I did, he left the forum, and I never received the prize. As far as I know, he may have returned under another name. That's what Princess did after "our" little offline problem. But she was caught and now I can't remember if she ended up being banned or left on her own accord.

This happened a little over two years ago now. At first I thought my identify was subject to being stolen, or maybe even that grundig was a P.I. but that really didn't matter. The thing that bothered me the most was I felt I had put my entire family at risk of this possible stalker type person knowing our address. It's kinda funny now, but it's not, if you know what I mean.

It's even possible the grundig really didn't have the prize (no big deal) but chose to leave rather than man-up. And I have a very good feeling that he returned under another name.

Thanks for listening, if you took the time to read this. With every lie that is disclosed about someone I trusted here, it gets harder and harder to trust anyone.

Hope you all have a good evening. Tongue

P.S. I almost forgot I was just going to mention the Imskofit incident. I was so caught up in that and believed the story. Monster will attest to that. I was even soliciting people outside the forum for donations. And I wanted to strangle Wink for doubting the story. Big burn for me and many others. I went so far as to have contact with his family who wrote me a letter thanking me and going into "detail" about his death. OMG! Wink and I made up, but not before I left the forum for awhile over this big fight! I've since learned that Wink, and other's like 1171, Ace25, Red, and Admin, have a discerning GIFT. It could be from the gray hair wisdom (LOL) but I have learned to trust them and listen to them before jumping to my heartfelt first impression.

Quote:chrischris
Dare To Be Different

Group: Registered

YA HOO!!!!!! Well, I am thrilled to win this nice prize. Red, you are the best! Grundig, I will pm you my email address. I would rather give you my home info there.

Grundig, you are very generous. Thank you so much. I really love the prize and WILL make excellent use of it!!!!! I prefer a flash drive, but if you want, a CD will be fine. The CD will be less expensive, or I could return the flash drive back to you.

Ok, this was fun. I have to think of something next so I can sponsor a game of some sort. I'll be thinking. Gotta go now, doctor appt...................
ChrisChris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Go, and Let God......

01-24-2008 03:55 PM
Quick EditFull Edit

chrischris
Dare To Be Different

Sorry, I forgot to thank KS for her part. You are awesome KSgirl!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-24-2008 03:57 PM
Quick EditFull Edit

red1030
Lets have fun

Congratulations ChrisChris, I am so happy for you. You are a remarkable lady and a wonderful person to call friend. Thank you for being you.

Grundig, you have offered a wonderful prize, and I hope everyone truly understands the value of the gift you have offered. The game was a lot of fun and it kept us in suspense and that is really fun. Thank you again... you are wonderful....

Love Red....oh and ksgirl, thank you for doing the number picking and helping out as you did....love you Red

A person's true wealth is the good he or she does in the world.

Chris we have all been burnt once or twice and if we hold out our hearts we will again...but to stop trusting is to stop living....I am sorry if I have ever hurt you...except for the cat thing......I dont like cats....ewwwwww
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne, you've never hurt me. Not many have.

We've had our disagreements. I didn't like you for what I "perceived" as a mean person who shoots cats for fun. LOL! I've learned that we can agree to disagree, and you really do have a big heart.

gets me in trouble alot.....

I sent you a PM CC. Hope it made some sort of sense, think I got off track there or something.

Jayne, we all know how much you LOVE the little kitties, lol
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

with ketchup....

jayne Wrote:with ketchup....

Bad girl, go to the woodshed. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!!!!

I am getting a new kitty in about 3 weeks. He is 4 weeks old now. Black long hair and you can see leopard-like spots starting to show under his fur. He is with a family now, being trained to be indoor and social.

Chris Chris, trust me I remember that happening to you also. I never forgot it.

Many reasons why, as long as I have been on work comp forums, this one and others, I have yet to share anything with anyone. That's phone number, e-mail, addresses nothing. Never will I neither. Now, I have worked another site, with attorney's as you may remember that. But, that was trust. They do things for me, and yes, I always done things for them. It was more a partnership. But, the thing was, all comunacation, had to go through 1 attorney, and then he got in touch with me. A phone then was only to say Hi, how are you, how is the family. Everthing else was transfered information through a secured site.

Here it was different then the others, as people needed something more then those other sites. I can only hope all these years they got what they needed. Didn't matter to me, who they got it from, as long as they got what they needed. I tried my part, too, don't know how much it helped, but always hoped it did.

Then you started helping, and the next started and on and on, it didn't stop.

Needless to say, all the boards I am on. This one always had the best members on it. I do think it always will. I'm also sure Admin knows that also. Or he should. Guess he just did if he didn't know...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

CC, I am still friends with Princess, and e mail and talk to her often. She has settled her case, gone onto school and is now a paralegal, doing very well She and her daughter moved back to Arzona. I talked her into coming back to the forum as Geena's mom and a certain person on the forum climbed all over her and she left and swore never to come back because of that person, She was at first on very good terms with this member, and considered her her friend. But over time that all changed.
So I guess we all have to be carefull who we open up our hearts and lives to. After all we don't know who is on the other side. all we have is a username.....I am sorry you had such a bad experiance....

a bengal? My son got one he loves it...the lady here who raises ragdolls daughter has a bengal cattery...the kids heard her female "crying" so they put it in the ragdoll cattery.....she now has a litter of mixed...they look like bengals but are soft and cuddley like the ragdolls.....she was not happy.....I wouldnt be either a ragdoll kitten go for between 700 to a thousand those bengals go for nearly 2 grand...she has a litter that is worthless except for giveaway...and that will cost her ....as nothing comes out of her cattery till its fixed unless they pay extra for a breeding cat..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Mr Admin sexy sweet cheeks Admin jayne 12 10,699 08-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Last Post: jayne
  I have been told I'm fired....lol. bronco54501 5 3,000 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Admin...admin, time to wake up, admin...coochie coochie coo! Wink 19 18,442 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Worst Joke CompBob! Ever Told admin 5 6,062 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Well I told you unclebuck 43 20,128 09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Last Post: jayne
  I just told attorney to settle monster 22 7,843 10-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rholmes
  I told you that the games would start! Lilly 26 14,183 08-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Told ya she,s be back grundig 4 2,417 08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Last Post: red1030