Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal Workers Comp
Hello everyone.

I am a federal employee is the state of PA. I was injured Nov. 2009. I broke my 2nd and 3rd medatarsol in my right foot which look all of 5 months to heal. Now there may be a noroma, which is swelling of the nerve. I had a follow up appointment this afternoon with my doctor. Which this may end up as a surgery and possible of having many surgeries in the future, I am only 27. As the appointment was ending, She told me that my workers comp office had a clerical job available for me. The letter was fax yesterday jusst before 6 pm. I did not receive this letter and was stunned to find that they contacted my dr before even telling me. I still have not gotten a letter. My dr. put me ok to go to work because of the letter. I have no idea where this so called job is. Can workers comp fax my dr? It feels that they forced my doctor to force me back to work with out known the full duties of this job. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

1 )Yes.
2 ) No they didn't. Your Dr. is simply stating that your current extent of disability does not preclude you from doing the clerical job. How much or little of the job analysis presented is unknown by you. Pretty much standard procedure in the interests of Stay at Work/ Return to Work.

Lynda if at all possiable you want to return to work....it gets you out of the house and wards off depression....your back to full pay which a good thing...and its just easier for you in the long run......Depression tends to set in when we hole up at home...and not getting a full paycheck tends to make finaces get very tight...WC does not pay for pain and or suffering their goal is to get you back to work.....give it a try...good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Smile 
Jayne and Cycler

Thank you for your words. I am excited about being able to go back to work. 24/7 at home has gotten a bit much, and 100% pay will be great to see, at least I know I will have a check every other week instead of about every 3 weeks. WC sure does test your faith.

Just unsure of the unknown I guess. Still have yet to hear from my workers comp guy as to what they now have that I can do.

Thanks!

Lynda, as return to work is always the best thing. You got the slip, from the doctor, stating you can return to work, at a different level. It's like a work restriction for your employer. You simply now, make contact with the employer, not the work comp person. You give only a copy of the doctor slip to the employer. And while you there they explain all that you will do, when, and when to start working. It is simple if you think about it. Then always try to give the employer ahead information, when you have appointments, and ask if they can work with that. This way you and the employer know everything in advance. You then once you have the information from the employer, inform your work comp person and let them know what is going on. You then kept everyone in the loop.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Life's full of surprises !!!

I'm a Federal employee working in Maryland. I hurt my back while at work in October 2012. I have been out of work and WC is taking there time scheduling appointments. I have had an MRI and NCV Test, both came back normal. I've been to my appointment with the WC doctor, in my opinion they send you to there doctor to make you feel stupid and to make you drop your case even if your still i pain. I have an appointment with my do for soon and am not sure what to expect next. Is it time for me to get an attorney? What should be my next step?Big GrinSad

(04-03-2013, 10:38 PM)Wtompkins Wrote: I'm a Federal employee working in Maryland. I hurt my back while at work in October 2012. I have been out of work and WC is taking there time scheduling appointments. I have had an MRI and NCV Test, both came back normal. I've been to my appointment with the WC doctor, in my opinion they send you to there doctor to make you feel stupid and to make you drop your case even if your still i pain. I have an appointment with my do for soon and am not sure what to expect next. Is it time for me to get an attorney? What should be my next step?Big GrinSad
you should start your own thread.
you should request a change of physician.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Achilles Repair. Workers comp question... Go Cowboys! 3 181 09-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Workers Comp settlement in NJ eclark16 9 537 09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: eclark16
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 614 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Built a map of workers comp. John_Richardson 1 1,157 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 7 4,982 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
  Typical Workers Comp Settlement for Stress? California queenbvirgin 2 1,035 02-04-2019, 08:47 PM
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 720 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
  Workers Comp Violation? Floydmay22 2 1,196 11-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 2,103 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
  Workers Comp. running out in Calif. C3d 3 2,147 08-20-2018, 01:11 AM