Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma ?
I have two neck surgeries and I am looking at a possible third due to work injury two years ago. The H.R. from my work has told me that getting an attorney is just throwing away 20 percent of my settlement because in Oklahoma it is a set deal. Do I need an attorney in Oklahoma or not???

chris moorman Wrote:I have two neck surgeries and I am looking at a possible third due to work injury two years ago. The H.R. from my work has told me that getting an attorney is just throwing away 20 percent of my settlement because in Oklahoma it is a set deal. Do I need an attorney in Oklahoma or not???
yes I believe you do...I am from Okla and after my cervical fusion they offered me 3 thousand...I got a good lawyer in Tulsa and walked out with a whole lot more...he was worth every penny of his fee
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Just a wild guess, as you said you had 2 neck injuries. I am thinking you had to other injuries in the past and now your saying you may have reinjured your neck once again. Am I correct in saying that?

Then were you two other injuries ever settled and those claims then closed? It makes a difference I am sure.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

im from oklahoma and ive had 2 back sugeries..havent settled yet but ive heard with a lawyer you do get alot more..and yes i did hire an attorney
SETTLED!!!

chris moorman Wrote:I have two neck surgeries and I am looking at a possible third due to work injury two years ago. The H.R. from my work has told me that getting an attorney is just throwing away 20 percent of my settlement because in Oklahoma it is a set deal. Do I need an attorney in Oklahoma or not???

what do you mean by a set deal??
SETTLED!!!

Inpain, it almost sound like they think there is a cap on things.

But, you would think after 2 other injuries they would know that, unless the 2 other injuries are recent of course. I think I will wait to see if they can answer some of this.

But, either way, I too would have an Attorney.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

an atty is not required.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Just a wild guess, as you said you had 2 neck injuries. I am thinking you had to other injuries in the past and now your saying you may have reinjured your neck once again. Am I correct in saying that?

Then were you two other injuries ever settled and those claims then closed? It makes a difference I am sure.

I have had two surgeries from original injury in 08, I have never been offered a settlement for that. the case has been kept open and I reinjured in first part of this April. They are treating it under original injury. I'm getting a little scared and I'm being told that workcomp settlements are a set deal in Oklahoma and getting an attorney is just throwing part of the settlement away. Is that true?

inpainokla Wrote:

what do you mean by a set deal??

I am being told that settlements for an injury is set at a particular price and that in Oklahoma getting an attorney will not increase that and is just a wasting money that I would have received anyway.

An attorney may not be required, and may not make a difference to your case, but I think you've been sold a load of goods. No settlement is a 'set deal'. You may want to call an attorney for a free consult, just to get the straight poop on that side of the equation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 8 4,297 12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,314 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Oklahoma rolls back Worker Rights in comp 1171 3 4,137 05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  oklahoma injured knee critter 14 12,262 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  multi injury trust fund in oklahoma jhokern 2 8,473 03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
  Hurt Knee In Oklahoma efan0388 6 9,211 11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Oklahoma Republicans vote to restrict Comp benefits 1171 22 21,420 04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Finding a Doctor (Oklahoma City, OK) gdonwallace 2 8,236 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: gdonwallace
  confused-Oklahoma tigger 1 2,978 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Question Oklahoma/Back Injury/Physical Therapist refuses treatment for now Questions rob0826 7 9,170 03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Post: rob0826