Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Settled
I am not a big poster on here but I am a big reader of the Great information you guys have provided.My case went all the way to court yesterday and just before I had to get on the stand, the IC attorney wanted to speak with the judge and my attorneys. Well 10 minutes later they all came out and one of my attorneys came over and asked if I would take an offer. It was alot more than we anticipated , so we jumped on it! Now from being days away from losing my house, Im going to pay it off and put money in my savings account. Thanks to all of you! Rebel
Microdiscectomy/Laminectomy/Fusion L4/L5/S1, with Titanium rods and screws. Disabled

Bless You Rebel!! Your Journey into w/c He** is Over, and You are going to Come out of it at Least Monetarily O.K. Your Stress Level will go Down, and You won't have to Constantly be Looking Over Your Shoulder!! Congratulations!Smile
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

Way to go Rebel, as this is very good news to hear at the Forum.

I agree pay your home off, and get out from under what you can.

I might issue a warning also. Many that settle are broke in or within 5 years. I say use caution, think things out well. Save some money for those rainy days, as there will be many of them. Stay away from those Credit Cards. Use interest Bearing Checking accounts.

I wish you future luck....Cool
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

warnings lmao...i say congrats on your great news..i hope you and your family find someway to use that money to enjoy eachother
SETTLED!!!

inpainokla
Whats so funny about warnings? What I said about going broke in 5 years is so very true of a fact.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

oh it just reminded me of what my dad says to me when it comes to spending and saving money..freaks me out when he does it bc im much better with money than he is..but i guess its just a fatherly instinct
SETTLED!!!

inpainokla Wrote:oh it just reminded me of what my dad says to me when it comes to spending and saving money..freaks me out when he does it bc im much better with money than he is..but i guess its just a fatherly instinct

Well that is funny. But the reports on injured workers and settlements shows a high percent going broke before 5 years after a settlement. Many in which go Bankrupt too.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:inpainokla
Whats so funny about warnings? What I said about going broke in 5 years is so very true of a fact.

I totally understand where youre coming from BadBoy. Ive been fighting this mess for going on 5 years and I have to get the up keep back on my house and land. Its just been let go all that time. As far as saving, $ Im going to invest a portion in precious metals, gold- silver ect. till this economy gets on its feet one day.
Microdiscectomy/Laminectomy/Fusion L4/L5/S1, with Titanium rods and screws. Disabled

Well, I haven't settled yet I watch my Stock ticker everyday a few times. Metals are high right now...

rebel_1961 Wrote:I am not a big poster on here but I am a big reader of the Great information you guys have provided.My case went all the way to court yesterday and just before I had to get on the stand, the IC attorney wanted to speak with the judge and my attorneys. Well 10 minutes later they all came out and one of my attorneys came over and asked if I would take an offer. It was alot more than we anticipated , so we jumped on it! Now from being days away from losing my house, Im going to pay it off and put money in my savings account. Thanks to all of you! Rebel

sounds like we hadf the same injury and the same surgery i hope i get a good enough settlement to pay off my house and put some in savings!!
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  17 years and still not settled tombstonekid 13 11,426 03-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  re-open settled case Babebahn 8 7,076 08-27-2015, 01:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Case settled with stipulations Pleasehelp1905 3 4,062 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM
  CA- Case settled now what to do about my insurance co. MiddleMan409 1 3,390 01-26-2012, 08:25 PM
  Case settled and signed off by Commissioner. Then I get this letter.... jrwingate6 2 4,775 07-10-2010, 04:40 PM
  settled!! inpainokla 18 15,209 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Occupational Disease case settled in 2000 need medical treatment littlefoot2020 2 5,671 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Maxi
  Settled capricorn 16 11,085 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Work Comp Case is Settled!! maw19531 7 11,844 07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  ITs Done, all settled!! annoyedtodeath 32 16,103 12-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Last Post: katicabogar