Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found out today they closed my case last month & I was not notified by anyone!
To Sunshine: I'm going thru the exact same thing! I've had 4 "opinions" of four different medical doctors who say I have RSD/CRPS. However, BadBoy does have one point. This condition can be something else. However, he is stating it very improperly. THERE IS NO TEST TO SAY YOU HAVE OR DO NOT HAVE RSD/CRPS. That said, because there are so many other conditions it could be, those conditions have to be ruled out. What I've learned with this condition is that it is easier to rule out what IS NOT WRONG WITH YOU then to rule in RSD/CRPS. It sounds like you've done everything you can for yourself, and the attorneys can only do so much. Just keep pushing forward, and take care of yourself. You know what's wrong with your body. Do not try and condone your condition to others because they do not understand. There life lesson has not yet taught them the unfortunate nature of loosing the career you fought so hard for because of some stupid injury that turns into something debilitating.
To BadBoy: You are speaking about things you are not educated on. The psychological ramifications that come from such a diagnosis can be traumatizing and it is explained that along with medications and CONTINUED PHYSICAL THERAPY, the best treatment for this condition is psychological counseling for the injured due to people such as yourself criticizing and denying the injured persons condition. This combined with medical treatment including medications, as well as physical therapy. It's explained like a three legged stool....the entire table will fall down without all three legs working together. Also, this condition DOES NOT GO AWAY and can spread throughout your entire body. It has to do with your nervous system as well. I truly believe you are trying to help this person, but be careful in your wording because at times you sound as if you are holding her accountable for a situation she has no control over.
To both of you: I quote my chiropractor in what I'm going to say. The Worker's Compensation System is a control game, who is going to win. Yet no one can step back emotionally and see that no one wins in this game. The system is not set up for the injured to receive some large amount of money cause we all know it's sucked up by everyone involved, and the employer struggles trying to prove fraud only to keep from paying a huge sum.
Back to Sunshine: The best thing you can do sunshine is take yourself out of the control part. Fight your battle with facts and not emotions. You upsetting yourself will exacerbate your condition. Try guided imagery, and I swear by the chiropractor. Your sympathetic nervous system is located in your spine. I think there is some connection between the adjustment relieving the nerves in your back which in term relieves some of your pain. Believe me I know your pain NEVER goes away. You try not to do things to exacerbate it just to find people begin telling you, "see you're all better." If you go into the doctor and try not to cry because you hear how male doctors believe most women who are emotional are unstable and therefore causing their pain, then they tell you you are all better. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Keep in mind that a QME can be paid thru the insurance company for their reports. This makes them biased. What you should have asked, (and what I learned far too late) is where this QME gets all of his business? If it was thru the insurance companies you could have refused the appointment and requested a new one. I know this info. is too little too late...same thing happened here. I'm trying to find a solution too. I've found two books, Living with RSD by Linda Lang and Peter Moskovitz, and Californias Workmens Comp: How to take charge when your injured on the job by Attorney Christopher A. Ball. The second book is just helpful in explaining things you do not understand, and hasn't provided any information for someone in our condition. If I find anything I will let you know.
Back to both of you: "People will forget what you say and what you do, but they will never forget the way you make them feel"....be good to the people around you.

Well said Angels72. I completely agree with you, and I hope that Sunshine will let this all sink in. Thank you! Tongue

--a fellow RSDer who is not crazy (at least not anymore Tongue Tongue)
Let Go, and Let God......

chrischris Wrote:Well said Angels72. I completely agree with you, and I hope that Sunshine will let this all sink in. Thank you! Tongue

--a fellow RSDer who is not crazy (at least not anymore Tongue Tongue)

Yes, thank you it is sinking in, there is so much I have learned lately, my attrney has been kicken butt, and the PMD did a report asking the QME questions, and he says it sounds like the QME does and has not worked with or on CRPS/RSD patients. I'm just gonna keep praying I know things will work out.
Life is like the ocean, it can be calm one minute and the next a wave will knock you off your feet, it's up to you to get back up and take control.

Angels;

Things have changed with RSD and not everyone has gotten the memo yet.

RSD is a misnomer and the disease process does not involve the sympathetic nervous system as once thought. The current terminology is CHronic Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS. There is now specific testing that Identifies CRPS but it is not present in many cases so does remain a diagnosis of exclusion for many. ACTIVE Physical therapy is the mainstay of treatment and there is no place for the heat, electrical stimulation, and other passive modalities in recovery. Even without the PT most cases do improve and even resolve over time if kept active, the pain is another matter altogether unfortunately.

[Image: Pc0720600.jpg]
Let Go, and Let God......

[quote=Cycler]
Angels;

Things have changed with RSD and not everyone has gotten the memo yet.

RSD is a misnomer and the disease process does not involve the sympathetic nervous system as once thought. The current terminology is CHronic Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS. There is now specific testing that Identifies CRPS but it is not present in many cases so does remain a diagnosis of exclusion for many. ACTIVE Physical therapy is the mainstay of treatment and there is no place for the heat, electrical stimulation, and other passive modalities in recovery. Even without the PT most cases do improve and even resolve over time if kept active, the pain is another matter altogether unfortunately.
[/quo

Cycler: yah I know the new name...I got it after they changed it...but every time I refer to it as CRPS...people don't know it yet and look at me funny. Big Grin so I've resorted to RSD. What I have learned is that there are different causes being found for CRPS....but it has not been found that ALL are not related to the SNS...As for a testing that identifies it....what test are you referring? As for the physical therapy, I've read many individuals stories who it has helped, but I agree it didn't help me...but to rephrase what I was trying to say and agree with you....that yes, keeping it moving is a must!!! And I agree with you again on the pain...but I have found that after my chiros adjustments and massages...my symptoms are less painful...however, I must continue to go weekly....yet no one wants to pay for that....they want to pay for expensive possibly paralyzing shots thru my neck to my spinal cord?? Is this the test you are speaking of?? Cause in all of my research I have found that this test DOES NOT MEAN you don't have it....but can mean that you do.
Thanks for all of your info.!!

chrischris Wrote:[Image: Pc0720600.jpg]

chrischris: I like this!! thanks! It's always so difficult to explain to people and they look at me like i'm crazy! this doc. uses words people can understand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRPS Case Closed krodrio 3 672 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  IME 1 month after surgery Chuckles242 13 2,053 05-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 2,001 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
  Third QME Visit next month(California) kibby 55 18,522 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
  One month since injury....waiting Nellie 6 2,377 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Toungue CA - IC Refuses Treatment That IMR Found Medically Necessary SickOfTheProcess 4 4,562 05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  Hopefully I found a place that can help me now zsduncan 4 4,058 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 6,556 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  No Attorney communication after claim closed! fredsong 1 2,858 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
  total disability with closed period of time???? mpt1227 1 3,648 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM