Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found out today they closed my case last month & I was not notified by anyone!
I called the claims adj. this morning and asked her why I haven't received a w/c check for almost a month now and she told me they closed my claim because of the QME report. I told her I have not received anything saying that and I have not been notified by anyone or by mail, she said she'll send the notice to me, what are my rights on this does anyone know? what can I do about this?
My husband talked to my attrny yesturday and my attrny told him he is setting up a deposition with the QME and he has to pay him a $1,000 for it, is this right?
I also have an appt. with psycologist on mon, and an appt. with PMD on next wend. my attrny says it's on a lien bases, should I go or is this going to go against me if I go to the appt?
My hearing date is 8-4-10
I don't understand any of this please any inf. is appreciated, thank you so much for your replies, I just don't understand why my attrny did not inform me of any of this, I live in Ca.
Life is like the ocean, it can be calm one minute and the next a wave will knock you off your feet, it's up to you to get back up and take control.

the adjuster should not be dicussing a case directly with a represented client.
yes, the legal system allows witness fees.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Usually when you have an attorney all correspondance go's to and through him/her. Your Attorney should have informed you if he/she knew your case was closed, and you should heve called your attorney the first time you didn't receive your check. The attorney is working for you. Supposedly. Good Luck.

Sunshine, you told us before that the PMD read the QME report to you...
(((Went to new PMD on wed. after QME said there was nothing ever wrong with me!)))

(((The new PMD read the QME report and said it is hard to detect CRPS
)))

Your attorney said for you to go to the PMD and doctor's, as they will get paid in the end.

The Depo is costly, and a very wise choice on your attorney's part. This is a good thing.

You will have to wait now, till the Depo is done, and a hearing to take place.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Could always go to an AME for disputed issues as the Qme is not binding. Also file for SDI if doc/ptp certifies disability. If not try to file for unemployment insurance. Your dates of injury may disqualify your benefits. It appears you are released to work correct? It seems the Qme has not found a permanent disability and has opined the matter is resolved .

Did the Qme address future medical needs Sunshine?

The QME gave me a 3% rating but then said my doctor visits have been excessive in nature, to me that means I have a 0% rating, talked to attrny. thursday he said the depo. for QME is July 1, 2010, Do I have a right to request to be there under labor codes or w/c laws?
BBBB- My husband and I brang up to my attrny. about getting a depo. on QME, he argued with us then we told him our rights, only then he filed for a depo. with the QME.
1171- When the I/C stopped my chks before, I had called my first attrney's office up and they said the adj. was on vacation, I waited 3 weeks, no chk, called attrney's office again the lady told me they where sending it off that day, I waited 3 days that's how long it takes to get here, no chk, my husband called the carrier and they said they stopped my chks cause my attrney sent me to a non mpm Dr. the adj. at that time told my husband we could call to only talk about why I hadn't received my chk. CONTINUED BELOW!
Life is like the ocean, it can be calm one minute and the next a wave will knock you off your feet, it's up to you to get back up and take control.

At that time we also found out my attrney's office had not tried to contact the adj. and the adj. did not go on vac.
I have caught my attrney that I have at this time in "misunderstandings they say" but when he tells my husband and I the same thing then changes it again darn straight I'm going to call the adj. to see what is going on exspecialy when I did call my attrney after 2 days of my w/c chk not showing up, and my attrney told me the adj., and there attrney was not taking his calls or responding, I talked to my attrney. thursday and I told him I talked to the adj. and what they said, he freaked and said I was not allowed to talk to them.
At that time I asked him if my case was clossed due to QME report, and if he had received a notice around the 20th of April, because the adj. said my attrney. should of received one,? my attrney said no!
I then asked my attrney. if he had received a termination notice from my employer? He said "NO", did u receive one? "I said NO"! continued!

At this time I don't trust anyone, to tell the truth I am only standing up for my "God given Rights as a HARD WORKING UNITED STATES CITIZEN & TAX PAYER" !
If my case is closed and my atyrney does not advise me so and then I will not be able to have that right to open it if it goes over the aloted time frame, If I receive a notice from adj. saying it's closed, then I hasve the right to call my attrney on his "misunderstanding", also then I would be able to fax that paper to state disability office, fax Doc. to SSI, go to a State nouraligest for low income families that have no ins. coverage, get the proof I need for my condition for when my case is reopened, yes my husband and I have been doing a lot of research on our rights. Like everyone says the system is fixed in Ca. and u have to be ur best advocate, that's what were doing now for sure! We will not give up as u say CRPS/RSD is for life! I will update you on what happens.
thanks for everything!

You have not yet as of today been tested properly for CRPS/RSD. Meaning you only have a medical opinion on that. I have told you before, there are other conditions, that appear to look like CRPS/RSD and yet you could have something else that is treatable....

Even if you went to any DEPO, you will not be allowed to speak, or even ask questions. The Transcript can be sent to you once it gets typed up.

Your now on Attorney #3, what you going to do, get attorney #4. For I will say your asking to much from attorney's. Such as asking them to find you a doctor. It's not their job to do this. So, their being kind in doing so.

Why would your WC attorney get your Labor issue Work termanation papers. WC has nothing to do with Labor Laws?

Attorney's can't work off hearsay information. Meaning even if told your case was closed, your attorney needs it in writting before they can act on it. Your pushing your attorney into a corner, and this will not work well for you.

You need to settle down, slow down, and do things the legal ways, or just settle your case. For things don't work the way you want them to work. They work on a system of Laws and Rules you and your attorney are bound too. Nothing else maters. You need a proper doctor report, yet all you have is medical opinions, no medical facts, noo proper testing, nothing. So the IC will shut your case down. This is how a system works.

You don't know how it works, you don't understand how it works. All you know is how you want it to work, but it aint going to happen. They don't change all the Rules and Laws for one single person.

Blame who ever you want, but your way wrong in your thinking.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy, I respect your reply, non the less are you saying it's my fault for not getting proper treatment and the right doctors to asses my cond. and give me the right test and send me to a nouroligest when I ask the doctor to do so, clearly they don't want to send me to one spend the money and find out I do have CRPS ? Or THEY THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE UP AFTER ALL "THEY", "ATTRNEY'S, DOCTORS", HAVE PUT ME THROUGH AND MY FAMILY!
I would like to go to make sure it's done right to the depo. I do not wish to speak, just observe, all I ask of my attrney is that he represents his client in a professional manner, inform his client of any changes in the case so it can be resolved in a timely manner.
My attrney last month called me up freaked out and said, "There closing your case and terminating u!" he said I should be getting a letter in the mail, I waited 2 weeks called him again and asked him about what he had told me and he said, "No i haven't received anything, have u? I told him "No" ! Continue.........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRPS Case Closed krodrio 3 672 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  IME 1 month after surgery Chuckles242 13 2,050 05-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 1,999 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
  Third QME Visit next month(California) kibby 55 18,505 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
  One month since injury....waiting Nellie 6 2,376 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Toungue CA - IC Refuses Treatment That IMR Found Medically Necessary SickOfTheProcess 4 4,554 05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  Hopefully I found a place that can help me now zsduncan 4 4,058 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 6,550 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  No Attorney communication after claim closed! fredsong 1 2,858 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
  total disability with closed period of time???? mpt1227 1 3,646 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM