Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney Question
Ohio Here,

Need advice.

If the company attorney makes a settlement offer to my attorney, am I always suppose to receive a hard copy of each settlement offer made for my files? my attorney has told me the amounts offered over the past year, but I have never received any type of documentation representing this fact.

My attonrey always sends me a hard copy of any settlement offer.

I am receiving more communications from his office recently by e-mail with attachments. This works well for me as I do not have a 2 or 3 day wait by mail.

most codes of conduct don't specify the type of communication needed. You can check here
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/LegalRe...tRules.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My attorney doesn't send them to me as a verbal is just fine with me. When the numbers start to look right, then yes he will send them.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Lol ! TO WHO ?

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:My attorney doesn't send them to me as a verbal is just fine with me. When the numbers start to look right, then yes he will send them.

Thanks everyone. From all your answers, everyone has received documentation stating the amount being offered. Why would an attorney not provide important paper work to their clients when it involves settlement offers, how do I know that I am being told is the truth. I am concerned about what to do, other then to ask my attorney to provide all settlement documentation for my records.

I didnt get a written copy of any of them my lawyer would call and discuss them then I had the say of weather or not to accept them
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Netta, only one person said they had each one sent. Don't take it as wrong because you didn't. If you talk to your attorney you can simply ask they be sent to you. But, when there sent you can get a sense of false hope also. Attorney's know this, and try to keep that stress level down on us.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

That would first be my attorney, then of course me. Who else?

Cycler Wrote:Lol ! TO WHO ?

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:My attorney doesn't send them to me as a verbal is just fine with me. When the numbers start to look right, then yes he will send them.

jayne Wrote:I didnt get a written copy of any of them my lawyer would call and discuss them then I had the say of weather or not to accept them
Thankyou again everyone, Lords knows I don't want any additional stress.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  attorney lien question (please) moneyisevil 7 2,549 07-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: TreadingWater
  Attorney question TedYou 1 1,333 12-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
Rolleyes Attorney question.. jilly23 10 5,980 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Question about IME, MMI & WC attorney backprob 4 4,295 06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Last Post: slapshot53
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 15,305 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 10,973 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Question for Attorney Timothy Belt. Also, information about Bad Faith Insurance, etc Wink 14 9,568 08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dsny1mom