Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Medical Treatment
Yeah, and once again the treatment plan is what?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bummer Knees Wrote:Bad Boy the treating doctor I saw today only treated me for the right knee for a total of 4 months in 2006/2007.

The only other treating doctor was the surgeon who did the knee replacement in 2008.

No my attorney has not applied for a change of treating doctor in the past.

And this statement is something to be concerned about.

As you have stated, you seen this doctor, for about 4 months way way back in 2006/2008. ((Was this for the right knee, and was it WC then))) You have also stated back in 2008, this very same doctor performed an IME on you. Laws and Rules state a treating doctor doesn't perform an IME. An IME has to be fully independent from the case, injury, and has never treated. You stated this doctor's office staff violated you rights by sharing your medical information with another patient. Patient yes, even if it were a relative they were still a patient. Didn't you file a complaint with your State about the Violation that took place way back 2 or 3 years ago, as it is surely too late to do it now. As hearsay for these charges now would never work this late in the areana, and why didn't your attorney file the charges for you? Seems your calling them a couple times a week, they must have known all this.

And now it is 2010, 2 or 3 full years later, and your saying now, your Attorney, has never ever as of yet, applied for, or requested a change in a "authorized treating physician" so that you would have a treating doctor if and or when they would be needed?

What the heck, has your attorney been doing, and thinking. As I am so very sure, with all this information, your attorney has been well aware of the issues you had with this doctor, and this doctor's office staff.

Bummer, what does your husband think of all this? I know if it were my wife, I would be going to these doctor's with her and get this stuff straightened out long ago, and even now in 2010? I can't believe your husband is just sitting back and letting all this BS with doctor's just blow by like the wind. Just like your visit now with the Ortho, you go with a good list of complaints, and your going say the Ortho states you sweeling isn't SEVERE, your pain isn't a problem, your altered gait isn't a problem, your lack of sleep from left knee problems isn't a problem. What doctor/ surgeon would not address these problems? And your making the ortho surgeons report to read as nothing is wrong with your left knee and is normal. This just is too far off base.

Kansas WC law and Rule for doctor change;

An injured worker is entitled to medical treatment reasonably necessary to overcome the effects of the injury. The employer has the right to select the doctor who will treat the injury. That doctor is called the "authorized treating physician". A change of authorized treating physician will only be made if the Workers' Compensation Director finds that the services rendered have been unsatisfactory.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

There is no treatment plan on the left knee. The surgeon wrote on his report, "return in 3 years"

I do not believe the surgeon wants to deal with me, he writes in his report I am a complicated patient.

I did talk to my attorney in 2008 about my former treating doctor doing the IME, he said it is not an issue in Kansas.

I could give you the name of 4 other people who's former treating doctor aslo did their IME. These individuals have different attorney's then I do.

(((There is no treatment plan on the left knee. The surgeon wrote on his report, "return in 3 years"))) Just how can that be, as you went with a list of complaints. You saying you wasted you time then? The courts time? The attorney"s time?

(((I do not believe the surgeon wants to deal with me, he writes in his report I am a complicated patient.))) Well, I wonder why that is?
Do you tell them of your problems, then turn around and say you want no treatment, or what?

Bummer, what does your husband think of all this? I know if it were my wife, I would be going to these doctor's with her and get this stuff straightened out long ago, and even now in 2010? I can't believe your husband is just sitting back and letting all this BS with doctor's just blow by like the wind. Just like your visit now with the Ortho, you go with a good list of complaints, and your going say the Ortho states you sweeling isn't SEVERE, your pain isn't a problem, your altered gait isn't a problem, your lack of sleep from left knee problems isn't a problem. What doctor/ surgeon would not address these problems? And your making the ortho surgeons report to read as nothing is wrong with your left knee and is normal. This just is too far off base.

Bad Boy I went over my complaints, had them written down.

Next, I asked the surgeon what needed done to improve "things"

This is what he wrote:

PLAN: The patient is reassured that I do not see any urgent surgical problems with her right knee. He left knee is doing quite well. She will follow-up on a surveillance basis. In the end I think she will do quite well. She needs to maintain her strength as it is apparent that she han minimal functional mobility to maintain that strength. Strength is crucial to maintaining her function which is outlined in great detail.
We will see her back in 3 years.

My husband says little of my work comp issues.

Bummer, ever think your husband can go with you to a doctor's visit and help you hammer these issues out. He should be a major part of all this. He can help you better wouldn't you think.

But like I said, the visit to the Ortho Surgeon is then said to have been a complete waste of the WC Hearings, a compltete waste of time from the Attorney, and you wasted your time going.

For it does truly seem you got no-where with this visit. Muscle strenght has little to do with why the joint Left Knee (replacement) is sweeling over 3 inches more then the other leg.

Now even BodyBuilder (being a Nurse) has told you, this isn't at all normal. Even she thinks the sweeling is a major issue.

I have never since my surgery with my knee replacement had any problems sleeping after the first few weeks after surgery. This is a problem, as there are reason why these things, events are taking place. The body is Inflaming the area in you leg, trying to tell you something. Trying to tell you, hey there something wrong in here get it fixed.

Yes, I had some Gait issues, but once I got that knee going and working like it should the Gait problems have gone away. You continue to complain of the gait problems, so this is a serious issues. It's really not work comp's fault if you think about it. It is an issue the Ortho needs to address though.

Unless you don't wish furture treatment for it.

I warn you now. As you have a right knee soon needing replacement. It is impossible to do correctly at this stage, because how in the heck, do you expect a faulty trouble some left knee to hold you up, while you try and do PT for the right knee when the time comes. It is an impossible task. You get the right knee done, you going to be in a wheel chair. I caution you. Or you can have them cut both your legs off at the knee joints, because it is useless doing replacements on them only to have the problems your having.

Bad Boy You are so positive! Laughing

I have gait problems not just because of the right knee.

I have an unstable ankle, broken both major bones years ago.
I now have arthiritis and wear a brace on that ankle.

And with the back their are day the right leg dosen't work well.
Depends how much I am on my feet.

So I have the right knee, ankle, & foot causing issues with the gait.

All this reminds me of a famous line from what my neighbor calls the greatest medical book ever written, THe House of God, that talks about what is called PPP in a chart which stands for piss poor protoplasm. Some folks just are born to get sick and fall apart.

Bummer, just really, what was you injury when all this happened. Wasn't just a knee, (which knee I have no clue anymore)?

Then a couple years ago an auto accident, you were seated at the right front side, when it was hit correct. Then you had Cervical, lower spine and god knows what else injured?

We need to be refershed.

Question, if the lower spine was injured in the auto accident then why is included in a WC claim?

I think the original claim wc was the left knee, left wrist. Right knee was contused. Or am I as confused as everyone else?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting massage therapy after the ACDF Bummer Knees 7 10,236 04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Future medical treatment/creditable doctor? Bummer Knees 2 2,258 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Starting occupational therapy Bummer Knees 7 4,175 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
  Starting physical therpy Bummer Knees 4 3,466 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
  Judge's Order Is In...After 26 Months Getting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 15 5,521 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Starting Physical Therapy Bummer Knees 37 13,874 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
  Where's Tuffy & starting school tomorrow monster 10 4,522 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Last Post: monster