Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Medical Treatment
BodyBuilder, thanks for the info, that clears up what I think I been asking and what I was confused about.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I was mostly homebound in the months previous to the replacement.

Since the replacement I no longer have to worry about this knee being unstable.
In that part I am happy with the knee.

I do have the other issues with this knee I have mentioned in this thread and that is why I returned to the surgeon.

Thank you bodybuilder for posting the information, and thank you for being their for me Friday. I do believe it made a difference.

very confusing

Bummer the surgeon didn't mention the swelling which I believe upon seeing is severe.
It's highly unusual, I've seen alot of post-operative knee and hip replacements and they're not nearly as big as yours. Folks I'm talking her left knee is about 3" in diameter larger than the right. (am I right bummer?).

But I'm still perplexed as to what was truly going on Friday, the whole thing made no sense. But I was there as an observer, note taker, etc. Monday may yield more answers or more questions.

(((I do have the other issues with this knee I have mentioned in this thread and that is why I returned to the surgeon)))

I see, so this Ortho Surgeon is going to treat your Left knee for the ongoing problems your having? Such as your gait, lack of sleep, pain, swelling, and such right?

I think that's what your saying if I am correct?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

It is at least 3" inches larger then the right. You saw me in the afternoon, the swelling is worse later in the day.

I showed this to the knee surgeon and he said this is common for a replacement.

A girl likes her choice of clothes but this very much limits what I am able to wear.

I want to see it in writing, something from the insurance company saying the doctor to provide medical treatment, and I want a copy of this document.

Was the doctor fishing for information to use in the appeal?

Well, I am at a lose here. I had thought the IC approved for you to go to the Ortho surgeon for treatment of the left knee (Knee Replacement)?

I thought you had this in writting, and it was approved even by the WC hearing Judge?

Is the Ortho Surgeon going to treat your left knee with the replacement and all the other problems that go along with it or what?
Such as your gait, lack of sleep, pain, swelling, and such.

This is what the court order reads dated April 1, 2010.

Dr JS is authorized to examine and evaluate claimant's left knee for an immediate return visit.

IT IS SO ORDERD.

This appointment was April 23, 2010.

Haven't ever shown my attorney what the left knee looks like, wonder if I would be out of line showing him the knee.

Show you attorney, heck show the surgeon he will be the one making a decision for the left knee replacement problems not your attorney.

Well, then you seen the Ortho, he checked the left knee out, seen your having problems, I would then think he has gave or informed you of the treatment options he and you will need to perform now correct?

Why do you keep saying your going to show you attorney, or take it up with your attorney, your attorney can't do nothing with this that they haven't already done. Bring the attorney the medical treatment plan, as to what the Ortho surgeon is saying you need. I don't think the surgeon said that over 3 inches of sweeling is normal. They might of said it is normal in those that have problems though...

This is what the surgeon said about the swelling in his report:

She has mild tenderness and swelling of minimal nature with extereme activity which dissipates with rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting massage therapy after the ACDF Bummer Knees 7 10,320 04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Future medical treatment/creditable doctor? Bummer Knees 2 2,270 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Starting occupational therapy Bummer Knees 7 4,235 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
  Starting physical therpy Bummer Knees 4 3,476 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
  Judge's Order Is In...After 26 Months Getting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 15 5,558 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Starting Physical Therapy Bummer Knees 37 13,929 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
  Where's Tuffy & starting school tomorrow monster 10 4,543 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Last Post: monster