Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Medical Treatment
Bad Boy here are the facts.

I called the doctor's office yesterday morning and the secretary said IME.

Received a letter last Friday from my attorney's office that this was an IME.

Talked to the attorney and secretay yesterday, nothing was said about any change of this appointment.

That is all I can tell you until I findout different.

Does the insurance company have and agenda in this; I am sure they do!

I do believe my attorney, he may of had a fax in the office and had not received it from his secretary at the time I talked to him today.

How many times on this forum have a read injured workers being told to trust their attorney?

I would be asking your attorney for copies of any correspondence between himself and respondent pertaining to this IME.

Bummer, yes, we're suppose to trust our attorney's but you have to admit something strange is going on here.

But aside from the treatment recommendations he did an IME on you, quite standard.

I'd have your lawyer contact respondent ASAP, ask for the order pertaining to change of doctor, IME to ATP, etc. If your lawyer didn't have them in advance, then I'd be filing a complaint, if it doesn't exist then I'd be filing a complaint to the healing arts board.

I know you sounding a little mad about now, and I do think you have a good reason to be.

If you look at plan facts as I showed about the money lost. If you really think that doctor was simply going to say okay I'll take a few Thousand less today and only exam and treat the patient only because someone called and said so. You will then understand these things just aren't happening the way you wish to think they are, or the way your being told. Fax, no fax, it happen giving the doctor plenty of time in advance, your attorney also knows, these things just don't happen like this, not ever.

Ever think your attorney knew, and simply told everyone not to say anything. These things do happen you know. You really think your attorney is going to tell you different now?

But, either way, what ever took place is now done. Is it over, I have no clue.

But, you will be treated. The minute you say no, or refuse anything requested to treat you, your in for some major problems. If the doctor sends his Nurse in with a loaded needle, and tells you to bare your fanny, You best do so. If not, that will be refusing medical treatment. Like I said, something is telling me, your in for a ride, and your not going to like it. But, either you do as the doctor says to do now, or you will be done with WC in one way or another.

Plus, you can now disregard that letter stating other injuries are not work related, for now you getting treatment for them, being said now, to be work related.

What you going to do, needles coming your way, medications need to be taken, PT given no mater if it hurts or not now. Say no, and opps it's all over. Doctor states you need another surgery, say no, opps we are done...

Give this some thought with an open eye, don't close your eyes to it.

Bummer, why is it, as when the doctor told you, it was no longer an IME visit, why didn't you just leave, why didn't you say, let me call my attorney and see what they think I should do? Your were no longer in a situation where they could rush you, as you then had the upper hand in all this. But, you done nothing, and let it all take place, Why?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I did call from the receptionist area while the doctor was working on my paperwork.

I already posted what the attorney said.

Why didn't I walk out of the office?
My mother raised me with better manners then that.

Bad Boy I do not know what is going on, I am not a mind reader.

Bummer, I'm not just saying to have just walked out of that doctor's office.

What I am saying, is you were sent there for 1 thing, and 1 thing only, and that was for an IME.

What I am saying, is you had ever right to refuse everything else, once you were instructed the IME was no longer going to take place.

I am very sure your attorney even told you this, for as your attorney, they do provide you with information of your legal rights.

I am not a mind reader neither, but I would like to think there is more going on then what you been saying.

Much like when you went to the Ortho for a evaluation on the Knee Replacement. You stated what was in the Ortho report. Yet, it is so very strange, there was no mention of your complaints in that report. Such as your complaint of a Gait problem, you having lack of sleep problems, the lack of hair growth, the sweeling, and the pain in the knee. All the things you have said here many times were not in the Ortho report as you stated here?

This is way wrong. These doctor's always list the patients complaints in their reports.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy that report was very unusal.

Doctor even had the wrong knee listed as having been replacement.

I showed the report to bodybuilder, she can tell you what she thinks of the report.

I plan on writing a response with corrections to this report and attaching it to the report, will give it to the attorney and request that it goes to the insurance company and the judge.

Yep, the insurance company is up to something.

Well, I am still confused, as you stated you have all kinds of problems going on with the Knee Replacement, yet you saying none of it is being addressed. Why is that? or do you think it is okay now, all the sudden?

No I don't, I will go over this with my attorney next week.

Bummer, your attorney can't control the treatment you just got at the Ortho Surgeons office. What is the attorney going to do, nothing I can think of.

This current doctor is not authorized to treat her left knee, the one that had the replacement. According to that surgeon, "patient states that she is very happy with implant' (according to his report)

The new WC doc is only authorized to treat R leg, R hand, back

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting massage therapy after the ACDF Bummer Knees 7 10,638 04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Future medical treatment/creditable doctor? Bummer Knees 2 2,526 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Starting occupational therapy Bummer Knees 7 4,500 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
  Starting physical therpy Bummer Knees 4 3,616 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
  Judge's Order Is In...After 26 Months Getting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 15 5,795 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Starting Physical Therapy Bummer Knees 37 14,347 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
  Where's Tuffy & starting school tomorrow monster 10 4,737 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Last Post: monster