Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Medical Treatment
Bodybuilder was with me at the appointment today, and I hope she gets on and gives her imput on this afternoon.

I am in shock with the way things went!

First thing the nurse took me for x-rays, then back to the treatment room where bodybuilder was waitting.

The doctor come in and said, I received a phone call from the attorney with the insurance company and I am to examine you and start treatment for the back, right knee, and carpal tunnel. He said his instructions were the IME was cancelled and treatment was to start.

A MRI is being scheduled for the back and right knee, a ESI will be scheduled for the back, and physical therapy is being scheduled for all three body parts.

I asked the doctor several times, "Are you sure?", he said yes there is a court order for treatment.

My attorney says we still wait on a decision to be made on the appeal, but medical treatment is to start at this time, and if the appeals dosen't go my way the treatment would stop.

Well, that is good I think.

Yet I see your letting the Insurance Carrier and their Attorney (not your's), dictate to you , on how, and by who will treat you. As you did say in the past, you didn't like this doctor. I guess you don't have any say so in your treatment, or a choice of who will treat you. can't wait to see how all this turns out now... But, not only that, you will recieve treatment, even if you don't like what it will be. I wouldn't start to refuse anything now... Even more stranger, you don't (once again) have the information you really need again. Like is the IME (oh, now treating doctor) said any of treatment for injuries in relation to a work injury? Hummmmmm, we don't know.... Will the IC prove something in a hearing and charge you back for medical treatment cost at a later date?.... What the heck does your attorney say about this new strange and yet very wierd issue now. Nothing right?

And we talk about HealthCare reform taking your Rights away WoW...RolleyesShy

I hope this works out for you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

WTG Kathy,getting treatment has been your number one goal all along
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Builder here,
The exam was interesting, I knew the doctor, he recognized me (and that's when the fight started), so he was quite startled. He was in a good mood which was surprising (the last time I saw him it got a bit ugly), he was very straight forward, to the point, helpful, etc

Bummer he didn't mention the 'day that the lawyer called him', that might have been interesting.

I did get him to agree to the PT at a preferred location, Bummer if they had sent you to a doctor at the facility then they should agree to send you to PT there.

Bummer I still say you need a bone density test. When I run a symptom checker on you that's when I come up with osteoporosis every time, just a suggestion.

Bad Boy you are right, I don't like this doctor.

I told bodybuilder in the treatment room, I wish it were another doctor treating me.
In Kansas it is the employer that choses the treating doctor, not the injured worker.

I am sure the insurance company has an agenda in this. My attorney tells me the insurance company has to provide medical treatment per the court order.

When the decision comes in on the appeal that will decide future medical treatment.
If the state work comp board finds in my favor medical treatment would continue.

For now I will receive medical treatment, a chance to gain some mobility, and to feel better.

Is this a neurosurgeon for he ESI's as your Neurosurgeon suggested you have them, yet you said you didn't think you wanted any ESI's.

You have said many times you don't like this doctor, and don't like his office, even said your privacy rights were violated their. And you have said you would never be treated by this doctor ever again.

Talk about surprising, I'll say...RolleyesShy

Are you saying the doctor's you have now, are not allowed by the insurance carrier, then how, and why, and who's been paying them all this time then. Haven't you been using these doctor's so you could have hearings. Something is fishy....
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy soon as I left the doctor's office I called the attorney.

I did talk to the attorney about a change in treating doctors.
Yes my privacy rights were violated, and I am still mad about this.

I meet with the attorney next week.

Bad Boy I do not want a ESI, I am scared of them, but this is the 2nd doctor to suggest them in a month. Part of my fear is what happend to my friend the injured nurse when she had a ESI, she is now totally disabled, something happened to her while having the ESI.

I have an appointment the first of the week with my primary doctor and will discuss the ESI with him.

Didn't your attorney in the past apply for a change of Doctor for you? and that is why you had been using the other doctor's?

Kansas work comp law and rule; So did the Insurance carrier apply for another change of doctor's before you went to this IME (now new treating doctor)?
A change of authorized treating physician will only be made if the Workers' Compensation Director finds that the services rendered have been unsatisfactory
So your saying the IC was able to change your doctor because the ones you had were found to be unsatisfactory right? As that is your State law and rules on this issue.

An injured worker is entitled to medical treatment reasonably necessary to overcome the effects of the injury. The employer has the right to select the doctor who will treat the injury. That doctor is called the "authorized treating physician". A change of authorized treating physician will only be made if the Workers' Compensation Director finds that the services rendered have been unsatisfactory.

Bad Boy the treating doctor I saw today only treated me for the right knee for a total of 4 months in 2006/2007.

The only other treating doctor was the surgeon who did the knee replacement in 2008.

No my attorney has not applied for a change of treating doctor in the past.

So, your saying you were first being sent to an IME, yet it is founded to really be your treating doctor. Say what, this is a new one to me.

But, who has been treating all this time then. Sure couldn't have been just the surgeon, as Work Comp IC would have said long ago, you were not being properly medically treated, and dienied you long ago, about back to 2007 or 2008 then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting massage therapy after the ACDF Bummer Knees 7 9,987 04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Future medical treatment/creditable doctor? Bummer Knees 2 2,186 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Starting occupational therapy Bummer Knees 7 4,037 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
  Starting physical therpy Bummer Knees 4 3,385 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
  Judge's Order Is In...After 26 Months Getting Medical Treatment Bummer Knees 15 5,410 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Starting Physical Therapy Bummer Knees 37 13,664 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
  Where's Tuffy & starting school tomorrow monster 10 4,395 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Last Post: monster