Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBI/Stroke
Hi. I'm new here. Knowledge is power for sure! My husband was injured 4/13/07 - a semi trailer fell on his head - TBI, all injuries were from neck up, carotid artery was crushed, threw clot and had stroke. Lost the entire language component, right side WAS paralyzed. They think he can work full time without restrictions!?!? He can't even read now!
WC should be responsible for your atty costs - there isn't a price on the brain just a limb...Please help -

well you for sure need a lawyer to get this mess fixed
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

each state has a legal appeal process whereby benefit decisions can be reviewed by a work comp court. without knowing the jurisdiction of your husband's claim I can't provide more detailed information on how he can apply.
each state has separate rules for its work comp program.
do you have a power of atty for him or has legal guardianship been granted?
most of these decisions are based on supporting medical evidence so you would need medical opinions to proceed with a dispute.
all states have post recovery benefits of either wage loss or impairment that includes brain dysfunction or head trauma.
without knowing the state i can't be more specific.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

michelebissland Wrote:Hi. I'm new here. Knowledge is power for sure! My husband was injured 4/13/07 - a semi trailer fell on his head - TBI, all injuries were from neck up, carotid artery was crushed, threw clot and had stroke. Lost the entire language component, right side WAS paralyzed. They think he can work full time without restrictions!?!? He can't even read now!
WC should be responsible for your atty costs - there isn't a price on the brain just a limb...Please help -

Hi and welcome to the Board here.

I don't understand your question though. As you say WC should be responsible for your atty costs? Why? You or your husband Hired the Attorney, not WC. But, if I may ask, as I would think, you do have some questions. Please ask them.

But, please supply the State the Work Comp Case is in, as this will help us, help you way better.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

many workers would be suspecious as to whose side the attys were on if they were paid by the carrier
just as many workers are don't like it when the docs are paid by employer.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stroke from work comp meds Springerpilot 3 3,443 01-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Manley2