Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pls help for specific work injured ...
hi. my name is mesut dogan. i am an trainee in a hotel and i came here for internship 6 month ago with J1 visa. 2 monts ago i injured myself when i was working at bellstand in my hotel . slipped disc problem and i get a surgery and i wanted to get a form about this but they rejected me and they didnt pay my surgery , i used my insurance. before and after the surgery my hotel had been informed by me about stuation . after the surgery while i recover they said NO ! DO NOT WORRY ! FİRST GET WELL THEN ABSOLUTELY YOU WİLL COME BACK AND FİNİSHED YOUR İNTERN. then suddenly last friday i get an email from my sponsor agency CENET which says your host company fired you because if you are an intern in this country and if you have stuatıon longer then 30 days then they can fire you . but my host company didnt tell me anything . when i call HR department HR said that "yes this is a federal law and we wanna use this" then i get surprised . they wanted to do this because if they can my case will cancel/ drop/fail and they will not pay or response anything.
now pls ! what can i do ?
regarts
mesutc.dogan@hotmail.com

tell us your state and we can tell you how you can file an appeal for denial of work comp benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

And did you file a Workmens compensation claim of injury with your State?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

hi .
my state is georgia. and i already spoke with a lowyer to appear for workers comp . this wednesday we will meet in her office . actually i hired a lowyer but first he said no i am soo bussy i can not accept your case then suddenly he said ok ,i will accept and today he said no i can not i will give an other lawyers phone number who can work with you .she will meet me this wednesday. you can not imagine how much confuse and silly i am now .
anyway . pls if you can replay me.
thanks
mesut dogan

i mean this wednesday i will try to file a Workmens compensation claim of injury with your State with this lawyer . should i ? what can i do ?

I think that one thing people are missing here is the 'j1 visa', I'm not too sure that someone in this country on a work visa qualifies for the same work comp as others do. Mesut I'd advise you to talk to someone who does not only work comp but work visas as well. Your case falls beyond the normal 'work comp', yes it might be a work comp injury but under a possible work status. I'd also advise you to contact your consulate here.
BB

learn about workers comp in your state.
start here
http://www.sbwc.georgia.gov/portal/site/...01020aRCRD
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Q. What if a worker gets injured while doing his or her job?

A. Generally, exchange workers are protected by the same labor legislation as US citizens. All injuries related to jobs are covered by Workers Compensation. Refer to your Workers Compensation insurance policy for more information

http://www.jobofer.org/employer_faq.shtm...edOnTheJob
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

If the company he worked for is in another country I say then he needs to contact his consulate. I've dealt with my husband's family on similar issues. The consulate (South African) worked out a deal to get proper medical treatment for the patient. Smoothed things over.

BB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Employee Injured at work today-California Babebahn 11 2,229 09-19-2020, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Babebahn
  Injured at work in NY MD123 3 3,545 03-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
Rolleyes injured at work johnsteele 6 6,759 01-20-2014, 06:01 PM
  I Honestly Think I've Been Injured Due To Work rooibos1986 3 3,857 12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
  Injured during work conditioning hotflash 3 6,356 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Injured at work, I have questions. Taja 2 4,846 07-21-2012, 07:52 PM
  Mom injured at work. hobithairshop 5 6,392 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Injured at work, need suggestions mlgx 2 4,452 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
  Can we request specific medical treatments Newbackie 3 3,403 04-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Newbackie
  Injured back at work in 2006 then reinjured 2011 khalilswife 3 10,945 03-07-2011, 01:31 AM