Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpal tunnel problems
You need to get a medical report stating just what you can do, then supply that information to the employer.

Employer's don't like on the job injuries. What can I say, as we all been there before, or are just now getting there. Have to learn to get some thick skin, and deal with it. And at the same time stand on your grounds.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Good advice thank you.
I am beginning to understand what I am facing.

HI, I'm new to the group here, having similar issues, 2 questions for the poster who's job won't accomodate him:
1- Has he asked for this accomodation casually or did he ask for the job to accomdate him as some sort of "federally protected person with disability"?

2- Anybody here have experience with this, using the federal statute? I have a good labor lawyer who is considering that i approach my request for accomodation this way, with my lawyer doing the "request" with the doctors note.

Seems to be it would be discrimination for them to deny the accomodation, provided he/I/we ask for it using the proper legal terminology. The only thing big corporations respond to these days is sometimes "the law"...You gotta search hard for a good private labor lawyer, but they are around. Or you could do the homework, on the accomodation law and ask a regular lawyer to help u compose a letter which protects your possible rights.

I agree with him when HR depts, etc...say "we wanna hear about it", they're basically lying and only wanna protect the company's interest not us.
If we are "disabled" we should excersise our rights.

I too am in NY, i welcome your replies.

TNX.

I live in NY
The surgeries were right-July 09 left- August 09
I was out of work for 8 weeks total
If I have to work with the pain I guess I would in the end but, I just have a hard time accepting that I should have to. The little guy really does always get screwed in the end.
The next time I hear management tell the employees not to be afraid of reporting injuries I will have to control my reflex to laugh
[/quote]

(((The next time I hear management tell the employees not to be afraid of reporting injuries I will have to control my reflex to laugh)))
Why is that?
[/quote]

No one at work is helping me out. Ever since I reported this I have been getting crapped on. I can do other jobs in the factory, all I am asking for is to do something that will not be repetitive. Or at least rotate through jobs some repetitive some not. I can't get anyone to listen to me. The safety guy told my supervisor I was trying to get her in trouble!! Management had me written up because I didn't follow proper reporting procedures. I feel like they just want to get rid of me.
[/quote]

Check out your rights under federal ADA law--it requires a discussion between you and the employer about reasonable accommodation
http://www.ada.gov/

Put your request for a meeting to discuss modified work in writing and keep a copy.

Complaints about violations of title I (employment) by units of State and local government or by private employers should be filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Call 800-669-4000 (voice) or 800-669-6820 (TTY) to reach the field office in your area.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 4,938 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Do I need to file-Carpal Tunnel novelty718 2 4,487 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Last Post: novelty718
  Carpal Tunnel Claim rufus 12 14,203 03-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Carpal Tunnel/Trigger Thumb in South Carolina Amarie1121 5 9,401 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Amarie1121
  carpal tunnel. dont know what to do... klbala3324 19 30,152 05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Last Post: klbala3324
  Carpal Tunnel Rick Barnes 2 5,848 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Rick Barnes
Rolleyes Pain in the neck...arm...Carpal tunnel...etc!!!! lefty 10 22,116 02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  denial of carpal tunnel claim...help lsds540 3 21,821 02-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: lsds540
  Carpal Tunnel Comp Case turning into Social security? johnnyworkcomp 5 16,017 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Last Post: jayne
Question carpal tunnel surgery=R.S.D. gwood459 6 13,237 07-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Last Post: MJC