Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement
Hello guys,

State is California.Hope everyone is well. I need some advice. I spoke to my attorney about 2 weeks about settlement. The hold up is I had a sleep study done that the AME requested and we are still waiting for the complete report from the sleep doctor. I had the study done in May of 2009. Is there any thing that can be done to expedite the situation?

you should have already heard if its been nearly a year ago...suggest you call the Drs office that did the study
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

your atty should be dealing with this.
the solution depends on what the problem is.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:your atty shold be dealing with this.
the solution depends on what the problem is.

Thanks 1171 and Jayne,
I have another Question. I was payed the estimated amount of PD benefits with 7000 left over according to the IC's estimate. My question is could I have My attorney ask for some of that money, because of financial hardship?

It's probably being held out for a couple reasons:
your atty fee
your PD amount has not been fixed yet by the court.
if it's too much you can ask your atty to negotiate a reduction but no guarentees if those issues are unresolved.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:It's probably being held out for a couple reasons:
your atty fee
your PD amount has not been fixed yet by the court.
if it's too much you can ask your atty to negotiate a reduction but no guarentees if those issues are unresolved.

Thank you, 1171

glad to help.
this stuff is very confusing for first timers.
don't be afraid to ask even the simplest questions.
you deserve accurate information.
when you don't have it, is when you are vulnerable and can be taken advantage of.
it's difficult to get - even from an atty you are paying.
that's why this site and forum are here.
ask away.
Smile
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.