Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cervical fusion and discectomy questions
I would like it if some of you could tell me how it went having a cervical fusion (two levels) and/or a discectomy? Do you feel it helped a little, a lot or not at all? I need to make a decision about which I want or even maybe have both of them.
Thanks.

Hello BooBoo
Everyone and situation is different. I have had 2 surgeries, the first being a 2 level fusion with hardware. The second being an additional level fused with instrumentation to give me a C4-7 fusion in my neck. In my case it hasn't helped due to continued pain plus a failed fusion. But again I know of people that were helped by it. If you don't trust your doctor get a second or third opinion
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

i have a c5 c6 fusion w hardware and it was good for about a year but know im right back to where i started, i have disc problems above and below the fusion with radiculapthy. the arm neck and hand pain is back with severve headaches. good luck if u do it some people are lucky. iam also having alot of scar tissue issuse

My very first 3 level cervical fusion came out great, in fact right out of the recovery room I could tell the big difference, and the pain was gone. You will see many with good, to fair, and even poor results. You just have to do what you must do. Search deep inside yourself for that answer.

Ask your Doctor and your Surgeon this question... What could happen if I don't have this surgery? Wait for answer. Then you tell me what was said.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cervical stmulator questions boilerman 0 1,586 08-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Last Post: boilerman
  2Level Discectomy w/fusion and hardware ttguns 14 16,927 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Anyone had 2level discectomy w/fusion and hardware settlement? ttguns 4 17,003 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Last Post: tpm
  2Level Discectomy w/fusion and hardware ttguns 1 4,398 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Failed Anterior Cervical Fusion michael49 4 19,063 03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Post: MJC
  cervical fusion hurt at work 2 3,744 09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Partial Dicectomy to a full discectomy with severe nerve damage, and maybe a fusion kjbckpn 6 11,959 04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Last Post: tweety00