Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rsd/crps
i got injuried and was diagnoised with rsd/crps about 2 years ago...i have lost 2 jobs and can't do the job anymore i have found a new job that i can do and like...i was told that the company i worked for wants to settle is there anything anyone can tell me or can advise me what to worry about and im in pennsylvania thanks

Hi Flipper, and Welcome to the Forum!! I'm from Pa. also and in this for 5 1/2 Years Now, and the Best Advice I can Give You is to have an Attorney at Your Side when You go to Settle! Our State has so Many Loop Holes it's Well Worth the 20% the Attorney Earns to Protect You Against any Future Complications that May Occur from Your Injury!! Trust Me what I just Typed is Worth it's Weight in Gold!! It may not Seem Like it now, but I'm Disabled from My Injury and the Pa.w/c System would have Chewed Me Up and Spit Me Out by Now if I didn't have a Good Attorney by My Side!! Best of Luck, and I Hope All Goes Well!Wink

Although I am less than impartial on this point, I would have to agree that having a good attorney assisting you is a key ingredient to any successful settlement. Good luck. I hope this works out for you.

Just wanted to congratulate you on your diligence to pursue and continue working. Good for the mind and body, so long as you are able.

With CRPS/RSD a good WC attorney is highly recommended.

Take care!
Let Go, and Let God......

i have an attorney...we have a mandatory mediation hearing set in the next few weeks. can anyone tell me what to expect or what i need to take with me for this. my attorney did contact me a few months ago that the other side wanted to settle so we sent a request to them and i have not heard anything...can anyone tell me what what this means. thanks

i alittle concerned going to mediation today...i dont know what to expect we made an offer for settlement but never heard anything is that a good thing or a bad thing...can someone please let me know if i should be concerned or what i need to take with me if anything. thanks

take your patience.....and your pain meds...everything else will be between the lawyers....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Almost everything at this meeting will be as Jayne said, betweem attorney's.

If your attorney wanted you to bring anything they would have told you by now.

You mostly will just sit and listen is all. Then if settlement offers is on the table your attorney will ask if you agree to the terms. That is about all there is to tell you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

thanks...i'm not sure what to expect today has anyone been through this. is it a good thing that the other side wanted to settle and asked for an offer so we made one but have not heard from them

The thing is, we don't know your case that well, and it's hard to say if it's a good thing for you or not.

The question should be, where do you want your case to go? Do you wish to settle now?

You say what to expect? You will expect to be present, to only watch attorney's go over your case in front of you. And possible settlements offers go across the table. Then your asked if you agree or not. Kind of a cut and dry thing going on.

Your attorney will do most the talking for you is all.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRPS Case Closed krodrio 3 1,994 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  have CRPS/RSD harperbass 3 2,006 01-14-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  CRPS left foot/ankle Sarcher 9 4,011 12-20-2018, 10:22 PM
  CRPS - PTD or PPD? CRPS_Dad 3 1,781 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM
  Need 2nd settlement opinion on my CA. 73% MMI CRPS case Steveowie 4 7,403 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM
  CRPS Settlement Midnigh51 20 39,993 04-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Last Post: desparate
  RSD CRPS MMI Gypsy2wheels316 2 4,973 11-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Has anyone with CRPS/RSD have blisters show up out of no where? Sunshine7 18 30,905 10-10-2016, 02:51 PM
  RSD/CRPS from work injury DMP1983 2 6,015 06-16-2016, 12:11 AM
  Injury and CRPS / RSD 7skittles7 4 4,930 01-24-2016, 02:00 PM