Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wc and summer job
i suffered a wc injury 12/28/09. i was on light duty at that job and working my regular job all winter. i am now at full duty at the wc job, but that job is ending for the season. my last dr visit said i had not reached full recovery and impairment was undetermined. what do i have to tell my summer employer about the wc claim.

also i have hardware in my leg that i am told can be removed if it bothers me. who decides if it bothers me enough to be covered by wc, and how long do i have to decide if i want it out. i am in NH.

i am also looking for info on having a plate and screws on my fibula and running and stress riser fractures.

like to say hi and welcome to the forum...you decide if it bothers you and if you want it removed..i had a 2 level fusion lumbar last year and was still in lots of pain long after the surgery and told my surgeon and he removed the hardware its still pretty recent and im still in a lil pain from the removal but all is better..but you decide if its removed if your in pain make sure you tell your dr so he can do what he needs to do to get you better and back to work...
SETTLED!!!

State;

Please provide your State first.

And welcome here at the board.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Towards the End They Mentioned NH BX4. You would Probably be Better at Answering this One, so I'll Leave it up to You! My Pain has Me going Crazy!! Welcome to the Board mhl, I Hope You Find the Answers You Need!Wink

mhl Wrote:i suffered a wc injury 12/28/09. i was on light duty at that job and working my regular job all winter. i am now at full duty at the wc job, but that job is ending for the season. my last dr visit said i had not reached full recovery and impairment was undetermined. what do i have to tell my summer employer about the wc claim.

also i have hardware in my leg that i am told can be removed if it bothers me. who decides if it bothers me enough to be covered by wc, and how long do i have to decide if i want it out. i am in NH.

i am also looking for info on having a plate and screws on my fibula and running and stress riser fractures.

you have to stay within your medical restrictions; so let your employer know what they are.
medical websites like webmd and merck can offer better medical information then an insurance site.
http://www.webmd.com/
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/index.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:
mhl Wrote:i suffered a wc injury 12/28/09. i was on light duty at that job and working my regular job all winter. i am now at full duty at the wc job, but that job is ending for the season. my last dr visit said i had not reached full recovery and impairment was undetermined. what do i have to tell my summer employer about the wc claim.

you have to stay within your medical restrictions; so let your employer know what they are.
medical websites like webmd and merck can offer better medical information then an insurance site.

I do not have any written restrictions, dr keeps telling me my leg will be tired but i am not feeling it, have run 7 and biked 16 miles in last 3 days, but my form says i have not reached full recovery.

mhl Wrote:
1171 Wrote:

I do not have any written restrictions, dr keeps telling me my leg will be tired but i am not feeling it, have run 7 and biked 16 miles in last 3 days, but my form says i have not reached full recovery.

You have run 7 and biked 16 miles in 3 days, but dr. says you aren't fully recovered???? Lucky you! I haven't been able to do more than very short walking in 7 years.

my doc told me i can do things but will not be able to because my leg will get tired, have appt coming up afraid he will tell me i have stress fractures and arthritis, and put more limits on me, my ankle is still swollen a little, but really does not bother me as far as what i want to do, have no after effects of running being on my feet etc, but am terrified of doctor and wc since they have the power not me,i feel comfortable doing what i am doing

Footster Wrote:
mhl Wrote:
1171 Wrote:

You have run 7 and biked 16 miles in 3 days, but dr. says you aren't fully recovered???? Lucky you! I haven't been able to do more than very short walking in 7 years.

do

If I could run 7 and bike 16 in 3 days, I would fill like a new man. I have not walked anywhere even near a half mile in 10 years now. I do hope u get better and do even more in 3 days.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I settle...they are pushing since last summer! FrankenNeck 34 36,987 04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Post: jayc123
  Summer Pay for Injured Teacher? Footster 5 12,547 07-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Last Post: cjs
Question workers comp-continued to work-able to collect during summer? golfalots 11 12,011 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Last Post: hspsensitive
  Injured at summer job in Kansas bodybuilder1958 1 2,850 06-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Last Post: 1171