Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About A Heart Attack!
Hi everyone, Well Here's The Scoop, My Brother Delivers Mail For A Contractor, In Oklahoma By The Way,He picks Up Mail In One Town And Takes it To a Bigger City, Last Thursday He was geting His Load And Had Just Put All The Mail Bins In The Truck, he Felt Ill, Dizzy, Clammy, etc, He suffered a Heart Attack, was rushed to the hospital via ambulance, had 2 stents put in and is still in the hospital.He Only Works maybe 25 hours a week, anyways,Is This Covered Under Worman's Comp because the heart attack happened on company time?Thanks To All Of My Buds In Advance, Halftrak
no matter where you're at there you are

Halftrak, Sorry about your brother, Prayers that he has a full and speedy recovery. Now all I have heard and read is that heart attacks being covered by WC are covered by the spacific states rules and regulations, So I would check with Oklahoma WC If he was on the clock, in the state of Oklahoma he may be covered.

Then I had another thought, Being he was handeling mail, was it Federal or like UPS etc.

Not usually unless Police or Fire.. Just a life event and not looked at any more than catching a cold while on the clock.

halftrak Wrote:Hi everyone, Well Here's The Scoop, My Brother Delivers Mail For A Contractor, In Oklahoma By The Way,He picks Up Mail In One Town And Takes it To a Bigger City, Last Thursday He was geting His Load And Had Just Put All The Mail Bins In The Truck, he Felt Ill, Dizzy, Clammy, etc, He suffered a Heart Attack, was rushed to the hospital via ambulance, had 2 stents put in and is still in the hospital.He Only Works maybe 25 hours a week, anyways,Is This Covered Under Worman's Comp because the heart attack happened on company time?Thanks To All Of My Buds In Advance, Halftrak

Here is one link that I found

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_workmans_...rt_attacks

My niece worked as a sherriff deputy and had a stroke while on duty.

She used sick leave and fmla.

Hers was not work comp.

This was Kansas.

thanks everyone will check into it further, halftrak
no matter where you're at there you are

Clogged pipes aren't caused from working, meaning not a work comp issue at all.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

halftrak Wrote:Hi everyone, Well Here's The Scoop, My Brother Delivers Mail For A Contractor, In Oklahoma By The Way,He picks Up Mail In One Town And Takes it To a Bigger City, Last Thursday He was geting His Load And Had Just Put All The Mail Bins In The Truck, he Felt Ill, Dizzy, Clammy, etc, He suffered a Heart Attack, was rushed to the hospital via ambulance, had 2 stents put in and is still in the hospital.He Only Works maybe 25 hours a week, anyways,Is This Covered Under Worman's Comp because the heart attack happened on company time?Thanks To All Of My Buds In Advance, Halftrak

Halftrack, issues of pre-existing conditions often comes into play, but with a smart lawyer your friend may be able to prove that his work aggravated and accelerated his condition and caused the heart attack. Since you said that your brother is from Oklahoma, I found this link for you: http://www.oklahoma-workers-compensation...qs/page/2/ There are many more if you'll google them. Try googling "heart attack and workers compensation oklahoma".

Never say never! Wink

I would give them the phone number from the link Wink provided, of the attorney then, and ask the question. You know the call is free.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

the medical question that often is needed to make a determination is not so much the cause of the underlying heart problem but what triggered the attack at that time?
if the activity of working triggered the episode then work aggravated the condition and there are grounds for covering the attack itself.
a lot depends on caselaw and the states work comp rules. The feds allow aggravation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hubby's needing heart surgery Bummer Knees 6 4,933 01-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Heart Stent lucky 8 9,680 12-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Last Post: 1171
  fathers heart surgery fireball 8 7,988 07-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Another attempted terrorist attack AQA 21 10,567 12-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
Toungue This one's not for the Faint of Heart...LMAO!! Wink 3 3,584 12-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Sad Pray for our troops - Ft. Hood attack admin 28 19,495 11-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Last Post: admin
  Laughter and Tea May Prevent Heart Disease baronbarry 1 2,899 09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
  allergy attack halftrak 9 6,140 08-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Last Post: halftrak
  This touched my heart Tuffy 3 2,454 02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
  This will touch your heart in a very good way bethsha211 4 3,013 12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: punk