Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Republicans vote to restrict Comp benefits
"The Senate bill approved by the House Economic Development and Financial Services Committee would reduce the number of judges on the Workers' Compensation Court, limit judges to one eight-year term and require Senate confirmation of new judges.

It also redefines the term "objective medical evidence" to state that complaints of pain cannot be considered when determining an injured worker's impairment."

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/04/07/11...z0kSgxLG4f

until it's signed by the gov it's not law yet.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

i made a thread about that or posted a comment about it and someone pretty much said that i was miking it up..ty 1171 for the proof the story i had read was only about oklahoma comp judges
SETTLED!!!

i would imagine that would pretty much rap up st claires case then as far as being at mmi and still being in pain
SETTLED!!!

Okla is going down hill as far as WC goes.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It's not just oklahoma.
there is a national movement to undercut many state's work comp programs and give more control to carriers and employers.
they are pushing colorado to the edge;
west virginia went over to private carriers a couple yrs ago.
california benefits have been cut and the market is squeezed.

it's all about rolling back the gains workers have had for many years.

sad.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

will it affect my claim and how my settlement goes even though my case dates back to 09
SETTLED!!!

geez the carriers employers and drs seem to have all the control now
SETTLED!!!

no bubba you are grandfathered out of the new laws
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I always remember my attorney telling me and my Dr.s that pain in the eyes of the law means nothing......it's the inability to do something.....if you say you can't walk two blocks you better not be able to......they don't care if it hurts or not....if you can do then you can do it....I feel bad for anyone with an open WC case if WC is going to be one of the first attacked and not in a good way.

Cap. and I are both in Pa., and the Only thing I can Call Good is the fact that We can Negotiate Our Settlement, if We ever get to the Table, other than that the Whole System Here is Controlled by Lobbyists Buying Our State Representatives!! And with Pa. being a Commonwealth, and Technically not a State, there are No W/C Laws, there is only Rules and Regulations to be Interpreted by the Judges in each Individual Case! To get any Real Justice, as I am trying to do, I Have to Exhaust the Entire w/c System, including Appeals, then I am Permitted to Appeal to the Commonwealth Court for an Overturn of the w/c Judges Decision!! I am now almost 5 1/2 Years in, and it will be Approx. another 2 Years before I Hear from the Commonwealth Court on My First Case which I Won, and My Dr. and I are the Credible Parties!! The Issue I am Fighting is My Wage that Effects My TTD Amount, and We have a Very Good Case and have a Strong Chance of Winning, but We are awaiting an Appeal Decision before I can go to the Commonwealth! And while that is going on, They have started a Second Round Against Me Based on Voc. Rehab. Interviews and a 9 Month Old IME from a Non-Credible Dr. So I actually have 3 Cases going on at the Same Time, The First isn't Completely Closed because of the Appeal, the Appeal Case, and the Second Case Started Against Me!! And the Best Part, when the Voc.Rehab.Person Met My Attorney and I here in My Home, He Looked at My Attorney Twice and Said: "What am I even Doing Here, this Man Clearly Can't Work!!" But the Battle Rages on, and I have to Keep Fighting!!Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 8 5,136 12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,548 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Republicans Threaten SSDI benefits 1171 18 14,339 02-02-2015, 02:47 PM
  Oklahoma rolls back Worker Rights in comp 1171 3 4,621 05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  California workers: bill to change workers comp will be up for a vote this weeK 1171 7 9,530 08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Woodlawn
  oklahoma injured knee critter 14 13,601 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Oklahoma ? chris moorman 14 15,528 05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  multi injury trust fund in oklahoma jhokern 2 9,002 03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
  Hurt Knee In Oklahoma efan0388 6 9,822 11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jayne
  workans comp benefits Lo.Jo 3 4,435 10-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Manley2