Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how do yankees do it?
Admin......ROFLMAO Love it,,,, Will send my ashes to WC.com You can take them out on your boat from Jack's

Our family funerals depend, alot of us are not church goers and there are some that are.. (wont comment there) Ours used to be a 2 day thing but it seems the last few years every thing is done in 1 day.. My nephew in 2007 was a 2 day and was a member of the church and then we all went out for dinner and some bellied up to the bar. And there are some of us that wish to be cremated and we tie all services in 1 day... It is the cheaper way to go, now my parents have thier lots already baught and they are to be cremated..

Funeral costs here are between, low budget 15 to 20,000. If you are to be cremated, 10 to 15,000..

But as if anywhere, its all on what you want, then what you really need....

Daddy preplanned his down to the flowers and prepayed so has Momma Bill and I have also preplanned and payed for it....Daddys was a bit over 5 thousand...and he was creamated but he used a rental casket for the service....Both Bill and I want no service... creamated and the remains are given to the kids....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I'm used to most of what Tuffy described....Bill and I have talked alot about cremation lately....$15,000 is ridiculous to bury someone.....and especially with people losing jobs ...sometimes one of their benefits is life insurance.....I had it with my employer for $75,000......gone now that I didn't pass on the job...almost did....we both have life insurance so our children won't be stuck and we have no bills so they'll be Ok there......It's the long drawn out mourning process of the viewing the night before and the again in the morning and the being a Catholic, mass and all that goes with it......We have been to so many lately where the person was creamated, urn and a pic on the alter ,,a memorial or mass and that's that........so much easier on the family.....a big extravagance doesn't bring them back...

Jayne...Bill's parents passed a week apart from each other.....they paid for everything in advance....what a break for us since they were sick for awhile.

Daddy made it as easy as possiable.....all I had to do was call em and set a date...our kids had to come as far away as germany so the wait was longer than normal with but you are right creamation to me would be easier on the family and save alot of money...the funeral home here charges by the day for the room the body is in....not to mention the embalming and things that go on to hold the body..it is almost to expensive to die anymore
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

CAP, your comment about the urn brought back a couple memories.

About a year ago a civic group I belong to lost a long time, well respected member to brain cancer. The guy had a terrific sense of humor, which was obviously passed on to his kids. Instead of a funeral, they had a Celebration of Life, where they had his remains in a stapled paper shopping bag with a name tag on it that said "Hello, my name is Dennis".

Another cremation story is actually sad, but perversely funny. The brother of my sisters ex-husband committed suicide. The coroner would not release the body until their investigation was complete, and the expected release was delayed until the day of the funeral. They had to rush to get him there in time, and he was still "hot" when he arrived.

The guy who delivered his urn, with all the guests watching, was wearing oven mitts.

Tuffy Wrote:Admin......ROFLMAO Love it,,,, Will send my ashes to WC.com You can take them out on your boat from Jack's
Tuffy, you send those ashes down. We'll take good care of you. Wink

Oh ADMIN....great stories......I think and believe that we are celebrating their new life so why not an urn and a pic.....it hurts to lost people we love ..but I feel it also has to be made as humane for those left behind as possible.

admin Wrote:
Tuffy Wrote:Admin......ROFLMAO Love it,,,, Will send my ashes to WC.com You can take them out on your boat from Jack's
Tuffy, you send those ashes down. We'll take good care of you. Wink

No rush, by the way. Big Grin

Admin,,,,, Gee thanks, I guess I can at least wait untill my trip tomarrow to meet with Red and RNvic. Tongue But I do expect you to take some of my ashs and go to Sharky's and a long walk on the pier..LOL If you haven't been there before you are in for a treat. Sit the rest of me on the Bar next to your Pina Colada.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn Yankees jayne 20 6,479 01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bronco54501