Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME 1 month after surgery
I injured my shoulder at work back in October. I ended up tearing my rotator cuff. The insurance company hasn't denied any treatment but made me wait for everything. I had the surgery 2 weeks ago and today I received a letter for an IME. Why are they looking to have an IME that soon after the surgery? I'm supposed to be in a sling for the next 4 weeks so I'm not sure what they are looking at.

there are many reasons for getting a second medical opinion. some are general and others very specific. I can only guess they want more information then they are getting from your doctor. they are interested in the prognosis, length of disability, treatment plan, and any other medical information that will affect your benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-21-2018, 09:37 PM)1171 Wrote: there are many reasons for getting a second medical opinion. some are general and others very specific. I can only guess they want more information then they are getting from your doctor. they are interested in the prognosis, length of disability, treatment plan, and any other medical information that will affect your benefits.

One thing I supose you got a lawyer if not get one soon as possible ,the day of the appoint with the ime doctor take a video grapher with you and record EVERYTHING
This will help you in your claim in the future and your lawyer,they are getting ready to give you a hard time with your claim

Unless it's stated you can... most places will tell you no videos, no recorders, no pictures. I've had 5 IME appointments and the paperwork I received and the sign in their office stated it could not be done... Heck, my Family Doctor has a sign up stating this too....

I,d like path to tell us what happened when he did it for his appointments . How did the doctors handled it? Was his video accepted by court as evidence?
How much did it cost ?

More details please path.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-24-2018, 10:00 PM)1171 Wrote: I,d like path to tell us what happened when he did it for his appointments . How did the doctors handled it? Was his video accepted by court as evidence?
How much did it cost ?

More details please path.

How much will cost don't know but it woulbe a couple hundres around 100 to 150 for hour.
I haven't have the necesity to do it yet but beleive me at the end it will pay for your money.
The IME doctors must of the time are 100 % with the insurer company,never has heard of the insurer requesting an IME opinion to help you inyour case.

find a video grapher with authorization by the court.

(05-24-2018, 09:38 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Unless it's stated you can... most places will tell you no videos, no recorders, no pictures. I've had 5 IME appointments and the paperwork I received and the sign in their office stated it could not be done... Heck, my Family Doctor has a sign up stating this too....

Request an authorization from the court .You Have not said if you have a lawyer other solution go with a witness an let it know to the doctor.
But I will go for the video

(05-21-2018, 07:08 PM)Chuckles242 Wrote: I injured my shoulder at work back in October. I ended up tearing my rotator cuff. The insurance company hasn't denied any treatment but made me wait for everything. I had the surgery 2 weeks ago and today I received a letter for an IME. Why are they looking to have an IME that soon after the surgery? I'm supposed to be in a sling for the next 4 weeks so I'm not sure what they are looking at.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www...vgqeEtsUpq

follow the link and read

So you did not video your medical exam?
A video of the medical exam was not put into evidence on your claim?
You have no personal experience for the advice you posted.
I don,t even see such advice on the link you posted.
It helps if you document the source of your post; it keeps bogus and bad information from hurting a worker's claim.
There is enough of that happening already.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Third QME Visit next month(California) kibby 55 32,502 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  One month since injury....waiting Nellie 6 3,586 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  injured on job a month ago (NJ) ree62 3 3,857 09-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Just found out today they closed my case last month & I was not notified by anyone! Sunshine7 26 27,548 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: angels72
  WC stopped my benefits.. surgery is next month firebird2286 4 5,510 05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Last Post: firebird2286
  6 month recheck Babebahn 4 3,609 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Babebahn