Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NY - Who Do I Send Stuff To??
Ok,  I'm on my second Law Firm because the first one found it "Wasting Their Time" when I had questions or papers to be sent to the I.C.

Now I'm wondering if I need to start looking for a third Law Firm.

I was told by WC and the IC that since I have a lawyer, all paperwork HAS to be sent to them and they will forward it on to other parties.  I just now sent my Mileage Form and Parking Garage Receipts to my lawyer and she told me I have to submit them myself!!   What is going on??  I don't even think they are fighting 3 bills that were billed to my private insurance instead of Comp.  I don't even know if she's done anything about a missing check from my first surgery back in 2015...

Now...  Do I submit all papers to the IC and WC myself or is that the lawyer's job??

Thanks for the help...
i don't think it matters.
send it with a copy to the other.
keep a copy.
In general no one is willing to work harder on your claim then you.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
Thanks 1171...

But the problem I have is the one time I tried sending the IC paperwork, they told me no.. They will only deal with the lawyer.. same when I called them with a question... I was told to have the lawyer call...
(05-30-2016, 06:24 PM)tbear6410 Wrote: Thanks 1171...

But the problem I have is the one time I tried sending the IC paperwork, they told me no.. They will only deal with the lawyer.. same when I called them with a question... I was told to have the lawyer call...

I know I am not from your state but in my state every attorney is different when it comes to mileage. Some want it sent to them while other say to send it to the claims adjuster. I recommend doing what your attorney states, send it to you adjuster and if any issues arise, like they ignore it or state you cannot send it in, then I would notify your attorney. I would never call the IC while you are represented, but I would try sending a mileage request in writing.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.
Thanks... will send it, but I don't know what's changed... I've always sent it to the lawyer for the past 3 years like they told me to do and they would submit it...
ok... lawyer JUST emailed me and said she cc'd it to me cause she sent it to her paralegal.

can we say DUH....
When looking for a good lawyer you have to ask a lot of questions. Is he a WC lawyer, can you send a question to him via E mail and it be answered within 24 hrs. What is his record of settling out of court? When you know you will be out of work for at least a year file for SSDI I don't know what your pay was but if you get it well it gives your bank account a bit of a help. And any money is better than none at all. Biggest problem is its a lot of extra work on your case on your hands. Don't wait to get started on it. Sithie doesn't come on here much she lives in a burning hell for her RSD. You may be able to get her e mail address from this site if she made them public, check her out cuz she has more knowledge than most PCPs. good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Updating here..

I'm going to be taking your advice Jayne... I just found out yesterday that the 2nd lawyer with this Law Firm quit last Friday!! My "new" lawyer with them was supposed to call me and hasn't as of yet... I sent the Firm a very worded email and haven't heard nothing from that... as of now...

I do have a lawyer through this Law Firm for SSDI. May 4th he sent me this message by email...
"as of 2-18-2016 you are pending Administrative Law Judge assignment. Hopefully soon you get assigned to an ALJ and then we get a hearing date shortly thereafter…"
Now it's June 14th and still no word. So I'll be sending him another email too and see if there's any new anything... My pay, when I last worked was just shy of 12.00 an hour.. IF I can go back to work, I'll never find anything that will pay me that, with Holidays off, take weekends off when I want... My restrictions are what's gong to kill me...

So now I'll be calling other Law Firms and seeing about getting a new lawyer...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot send private messages California_Help 1 663 03-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Insurance carriers do the most illegal stuff I ever saw tinainky 2 1,128 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 2,760 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 3,529 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can my attorney send out a offer to ic Speedyro1970 13 10,398 11-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Does the IC have the right to send my medical records to another Doctor waterbird808 4 7,360 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  dr says he has to send me back to work with no restrictions?? inpainokla 12 18,443 11-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Cycler
Question How many times can Ins.Comp. send husband to IME? Jane0218 2 6,696 11-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Last Post: 1171
  How does this settlement stuff work? hayshaker 8 17,884 03-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  IC wants to send nurse w/me to next Dr Appt. fairycatz 11 11,091 06-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)