Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injury during physical therapy
I have been seeing PT for torn rotator cuff. He is pretty aggressive and several times I felt much worse after therapy. He started me on hand weights and I told him I must have pulled a muscle in my back because it really hurt. He told me to continue anyway. Each time I went back it would hurt again, and then it got worse, keeping me up many nights. Today I was told by chiropractor (trusted/experienced/well respected Dr.) that I have three dislocated ribs!

Questions

1. Is the PT responsible in any way for the injury and subsequent Dr. bill?

2. I am trying to reach my case worker to see if I can be done with PT. We had decided that I had reached my limit of recovery and were just working on strengthening exercises (hand weights). I only have 2 more sessions scheduled, but after everything the Dr. did today to get me feeling better I would HATE to start over again.

3. For a time, this new injury is going to limit my job in a way that the shoulder injury does not. I am due to be released next week for the shoulder injury. Is the rib injury considered workers comp since it was sustained during PT performed through WC? Where does that leave me for returning to my job?

Thanks!

What state?

(09-17-2014, 01:45 PM)maggiemae4321 Wrote: I have been seeing PT for torn rotator cuff. He is pretty aggressive and several times I felt much worse after therapy. He started me on hand weights and I told him I must have pulled a muscle in my back because it really hurt. He told me to continue anyway. Each time I went back it would hurt again, and then it got worse, keeping me up many nights. Today I was told by chiropractor (trusted/experienced/well respected Dr.) that I have three dislocated ribs!

Questions

1. Is the PT responsible in any way for the injury and subsequent Dr. bill?

2. I am trying to reach my case worker to see if I can be done with PT. We had decided that I had reached my limit of recovery and were just working on strengthening exercises (hand weights). I only have 2 more sessions scheduled, but after everything the Dr. did today to get me feeling better I would HATE to start over again.

3. For a time, this new injury is going to limit my job in a way that the shoulder injury does not. I am due to be released next week for the shoulder injury. Is the rib injury considered workers comp since it was sustained during PT performed through WC? Where does that leave me for returning to my job?

Thanks!

Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

1. I have no medical or other evidence as to what caused your condition and can't speculate on what is responsible.
2. your physician is responsible for changing your treatment plan; contact them first.
3. until the cause of the rib injury is established liability cannot be determined.
if you believe you have been injured during the course of your comp care; have your authorized treating doctor document in a written report to the carrier. they will investigate and make a determination like they did on the original injury.
don't get a head of yourself as far as what happens later in the process.
if it is due to your care for the work injury it would be part of the original claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-17-2014, 06:18 PM)1171 Wrote: 1. I have no medical or other evidence as to what caused your condition and can't speculate on what is responsible.
2. your physician is responsible for changing your treatment plan; contact them first.
3. until the cause of the rib injury is established liability cannot be determined.
if you believe you have been injured during the course of your comp care; have your authorized treating doctor document in a written report to the carrier. they will investigate and make a determination like they did on the original injury.
don't get a head of yourself as far as what happens later in the process.
if it is due to your care for the work injury it would be part of the original claim.

I think what you have been through is horrific.

I also think it is time to retain an attorney, if you have not done so already.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Stop it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denied physical therapy? smithj97 18 24,753 09-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Physical therapy (California ) Toyster16 2 2,433 06-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Change in physical condition form help KT4411 3 6,217 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: KT4411
  Physical Therapist... Saying going back to work is possible in NC after back injury.. hellokitty 2 6,477 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Last Post: jat
Sad Ran out of physical therapy but I need more HELP Nrod8285 4 12,270 04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
  Physical Therapy during work hours Rick in CT 1 8,647 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
  Physical Therapy Vertigo Eval Bummer Knees 28 18,095 02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Physical Therapy kit 25 16,654 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
Question Oklahoma/Back Injury/Physical Therapist refuses treatment for now Questions rob0826 7 8,858 03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Last Post: rob0826
  physical therapy queenbee 10 7,473 09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Last Post: cfree1961