Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1171, this is funny.
My husbands case has been slow moving as well. First mediation was a yr and a half ago. Couple more court dates since but nothing much. Dr appts by both sides done and now depo's. Last Dr due to give his in the next couple weeks. He's our Dr so the delay is from us on this. Once this depo is done the attorney will go to court and schedule for trial. I expect that to be the start of the offers. We expect to go to trial. We are not opposed to settling but we think that's the only way he will get PTD. Its a frustrating process. Had it not been for SSDI and our kids we would of starved. The twins have gone above and beyond what they should have to do and never had to ask. When your going thru it and the bills keep coming it seems like it will never move fast enough. I still don't expect a quick settlement. There will need to be a MSA as well. I have scheduled time off in July for vacation. It would be nice if all was done but I am expecting to postpone it.

Hey there ammowomen. Wow, that's unbelievable...but not really though. I see you and your husband is in about the same predicament as me.

Was your claim approved though? Mine was not. I got a letter of controvert from insurance company on the 6th day of may injury. It said the injury did not occur within the time and scope of my employment at that company. How in the h*** can they say that?

I have been 4 months without any benefits,treatment or meds! The thing that is getting to me, is this firm that has taken my case. They keep telling me my hearing is postponed again and that they will NOT accept anymore postponements. The news is, that they will push for mediation next month(02/20/13).

I guess am going to see if there gonna make this happen. Because if I change lawyers now, the case would have to reboot.

I have never been in this situation.. never! So I do sincerely feel your pain along with all the rest of these fine folks on this forum.

Also ammowomen, thank you for sharing your situation with me and anyone else who reads this thread. It's very uplifting in a weird way, to know that your not the only one going through this crazy system called WC.

My husbands claim was never denied. He was crushed and taken to hospital by ambulance. He was rushed back to work at 8 weeks as soon as he was out of the wheelchair. Employer said would accommodate. He just sit at desk high on meds but the IC no longer had to pay him. At 6 months reached MMI and fired 2 days later. He has received no money for the IC since Dec 2010. They do pay for his pain meds and a yearly Dr appt to the pain mgmt Dr. Our personal insurance cover his depression/anxiety meds and psych Dr appts.

I'm very sorry to hear that your husband is being treated this way. I just can't believe that these IC's are allowed to do what they want and jerk people around. This system has got to Chang in many ways.

What has your attorney said about this? Or is he like mine and says "what do you want me to do?" ... UMMM.. HELLLOOO?!

We have a excellent attorney/firm. He is doing what is best for my husbands future. There are steps to follow. They have been very good at keeping us informed and we never have a problem getting them if we should call. He also has a 3rd party case so they have been very meticulous in everything they do. It may take longer and it may be frustrating but it is necessary for my husbands future. That doesn't mean when bills are piling up I don't get angry or want it over. The attorney explains everything and the reasons for it.

While we wait fustrated and seems every negative thing just keeps loading up, its a slow process.. My attorney has kept asuring us in the end it will be ok, but in the present it hurts..

(01-24-2013, 08:02 AM)ammowoman Wrote: We have a excellent attorney/firm. He is doing what is best for my husbands future. There are steps to follow. They have been very good at keeping us informed and we never have a problem getting them if we should call. He also has a 3rd party case so they have been very meticulous in everything they do. It may take longer and it may be frustrating but it is necessary for my husbands future. That doesn't mean when bills are piling up I don't get angry or want it over. The attorney explains everything and the reasons for it.

That's great! Im glad y'all have a good lawyer. Thats good they give you reassurance and keep you updated. That's all I want my lawyer to do...lol.. I emailed him 2 days ago and still have not heard anything back from him. This firm is supposed to be 5 star and I keep hearing from other attorneys who I have called for second opinions(that snitched on me)that I should stay with this guy and his firm. I don't give a crap who he knows or what he's accomplished in his career. I just want solid answers and progress concerning MY case! I am pulling for you though and hope all will be well soon. Smile
(01-24-2013, 10:22 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: While we wait fustrated and seems every negative thing just keeps loading up, its a slow process.. My attorney has kept asuring us in the end it will be ok, but in the present it hurts..

Hey Bronco. Man this is really eating at me scene I've spoken with the main attorney the other day. He said he would make some phone calls and get back to me. Heck I don't know, maybe he's waiting on some replies, but ya know, I wish he'd let me know something man!...lol.. I don't know if they' re also maybe peed off at me right now for calling other attorneys for opinions? Its seems they maybe a little angry at me now. He was worried that I was going to fire him and didn't want that to happen.

Quick question, if they are NOT interested in my case anymore, how will they advise me of that? Via email, phone or letter?

From what I have heard, they may contact you by phone but attorney/firms like paper trails so I would bet by letter.. When I was first injured and in a coma my wife contacted our usuall attorney and he advised her to not talk to them at all til I came out of the coma.. My best friends mom had worked for 2 of the biggest law firms in town and my attorney came highly recomended.. I have always been comfortable knowing he is representing me.. But if I had any idea or a gut feeling he would do me wrong I would be shopping for a new one..

My attorney is the head man in the firm and he showed me his schedule this past summer.. This man was booked for 2 months ahead and he does only wc and personal injury.. Some attorneys are simply just that busy, but out of respect and being professional they could at least drop a letter in the mail to up date people...

Dang it man!.. a coma huh? Did you fall? You need a good attorney on that and it sounds like you got one. As far as my attorney, I'm gonna give them until next week to reply back. I hate to have to change lawyers because I don't want anymore delays. On the other hand though, I remember Manley2 telling me, that he fired one of his attorneys, got a new one and got his benefits rolling the next day. Also 1171 said that, you don't want to wait around too long and regret NOT moving forward, 6 months down the road. So, I'm gonna make some sort of a move soon.

you must relize you are not his only cliant and if you were he isnt very good! However call and ask the ground rules cuz you need to know.Ask if you call or e mail in how long till you get a reply.With my lawyer it was within 24 hrs even if he told me he didnt know the answer he got back to me not normally him but his staff.I had the best Lawyer in Okla and I went a year without a check sometimes it happens the lawyer gives up the money to get something else.I remember mine came out to me after a hearing and said you need to go to this Dr and get this test I went to the Judge and told the Judge that they are playing with your health and you are willing to give up your TTD to prove it.He didnt ask my permission but I always knew he had my best at heart.The judge okayed the tests but at her Drs I went from a 3,000 dollars settlement to one over...... well it paid off my farm and everything I owed after we proved my injury and that the IC was dragging their feet and had made my injury worse by dragging their feet.It took awhile but we did it....you have to trust your lawyer,part of that is knowing the ground rules.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......