Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dealing with a lawyer after settlement
Hello fellow injured workers, Does anyone know how to change to a better lawyer after a case has been settled and stiped in california ?
The lawyer in question does not work well with his clients. It maybe his paralegal or both.

Thanks in Advance Ward

go to caaa.org and find an atty that will work for free.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-22-2012, 01:11 AM)1171 Wrote: go to caaa.org and find an atty that will work for free.

If you find an Attorney who will work for free...please post their name and contact info on here...we would all love to have someone on our side who will go pro bono
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

correction********just signed into law this week:

SEC. 2. Section 4610.2 is added to the Labor Code, to read:
4610.2. If a final award of permanent disability made by the appeals board specifies the provision of future medical treatment and a medical dispute arises in the course of a utilization review
conducted pursuant to Section 4610 in connection with the enforcement of this award, and the applicant employs an attorney for purposes of enforcing the award and prevails, the appeals board may award
attorney's fees reasonably incurred by the applicant in connection with enforcement of the award.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill...olled.html

I'm not sure who has to pay the atty fee although I assume it's the carrier since the provision requires the injured to prevail.
there are three critical conditions: has to be a UR dispute and the court decides not only the amount of the fee but whether there should be one, and you have to "win" the dispute.
because it is new this law has not been tested nor are there WCAB rules for it's use.
but it is a step in the right direction.
unless stated otherwise new laws start the first of the year following their passage.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

It would be great to go to a web site to see a list of Workers Compensation Attorneys that Injured Workers are happy about, received a great result in a reasonable amount of time. It is a crap shoot IMHO to find a good California Workers Compensation attorney that works directly in your behalf, not friends of the opposition, that will get what you need in a timely fashion. We have AVVO. You really dont know what you get until you hire this attorney and can experience his/her communication skills and presentations to court. I have not witnessed a site that shows a great AA in Workers Compensation in my area, based on IW's recommendations. It would be great for IW's to write their stories on a site about their attorneys actions and results.

I had a excellent relationship with my 2 Attorney,s and communication was never a issue. I Never pestered my Attorney about nonsense and we also communicated by email.

Everyone signs a contract with there Attorney and Law firm right? I did my Homework and thank God my Attorney was God sent! He turned a 5digit settlement offer to mid 6 digits because he cared and knew WC of Louisiana.

My lawyer was awesome make no bones about it. anyone get hurt in Okla and I will send his name to them.But you get what you put into it also you have to educate yourself also.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dealing with denial of medication in ca Animatedbreak84 27 18,045 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 3,763 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  lawyer and adjuster are talking settlement inpainokla 3 9,221 06-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
Rolleyes IME exam not favorable Lawyer says cash settlement?? bortner3 26 31,247 08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Injured at Kroger-My 1st time dealing. JimR38462 4 8,401 06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Is anyone dealing with a Wal-mart or Sam's Injury?, jstadfrntpn 7 5,320 04-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Injured at work - need help with dealing with company! mfern4 10 7,969 09-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Lilly