Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll pay for it tomorrow
Worked on my car today. It was something simple and didn't take much time but it sure took a toll on my hips and knees. Also think I got the mysterious "leak at the floor" in my 5th wheel figured out and fixed.

So it's been productive day, now bring on the pain lol

Congrats on getting it fixed but girl you do need to take care of yourself!

Well I would have other people fix stuff if I could afford it lol. Makes me feel good mentally to know I can take care of some things myself still but sure am hurtin today lol. It's okay though, pain levels will drop to normal in a few days Smile

I wish I was mechanically inclined when it came to cars Monster. Been trying to get the Lincoln it's yearly inspection all week and each time I take it in, it's something different that keeps it from passing.

Monday we were told it needed 2 new tires, a new wiper blade and a new red cover over the back passenger brake light. We knew it needed a new right front blinker. Took me 2 days to find used tires in the size I needed. But, according to the guy I took it to, it only needed 1 tire, which is what I thought as well.

Took it to another inspection station... as I was told he would pass it with a cracked brake cover. And he would have, had it not been for something wrong with the right front blinker. It didn't need just a bulb, the think it's in the wiring somewhere. So now I have to wait for my mobile mechanic to come take a look at it today. He has an idea or two as to what can be causing it, and then he is going to send me to the guy he uses for inspections. Lets hope it passes today... as it will be 3 months out of date come tomorrow. I totally spaced it needing inspection in June.

All this driving around is making the swelling in my left foot/ calves of both legs worse. And having to run the vacuum in the bedroom on Wednesday didn't help. Today I have to sweep and mop the bathroom and tomorrow I need to vacuum and steam clean the living room floor. So Sunday and Monday I'm not doing a dang thing. The guys can wait on me for once.

Angel^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

You may know this sweetie but a good reference on tires is take a penny and turn it heads down. If the tread is up to or above the top of Lincoln's head you should be good ... well at least in Cali not sure about Texas.

>Edited< I meant turn the penny where it's standing up but Lincoln's head needs to be pointing directly at the area of the tread you are checking if that makes sense, lol

As far as brake lights it could be a fuse which you may have already checked although the fuse boxes on some make it hard to get to for those of us with problems. It could be a loose wire or something that has chewed the wires and both of those are easy fixes.

I'll pray that it's all very easy and cheap for whoever might be working on it. Sure wish I was there I might be able to take care of it Sad

I talked to my dad yesterday and at this point he says he's going to put his surgery off til after the first of October so not sure when I will be up there.

You get some rest and make everyone wait on you for a change!!!

Got the car to pass inspection this afternoon. Wasn't a problem with the brake light, other than the cover being cracked and they aren't supposed to pass them with that.

As for the front blinker, it was the actual fuse ??(not sure what the part is called) that the bulb went into that was bad. My mechanic had to end up going to a junk yard to pull one out of a junker to get mine fixed. And, as usual, he didn't charge me a dime for all his time.

As for the trick with the penny and tread, I didn't need to do that on the tire that was replaced. One could plainly see that it was definitely bald. It was the other tire I questioned needing replaced. The guy doing the inspection said it was cracked and rotted on the side wall. I couldn't see it, the guy who replaced the front tire couldn't see it and the guy that started the inspection yesterday as well as the gal that did it today couldn't see anything wrong with the tire.

Didn't get around to doing the floors today as I wanted though. Once we got the inspection done, I had to run to wally world and get a few things, including ink for the printer. By the time I got home, my left foot was so swollen I could barely get it out of my shoe. And now to match it, so is my right one. Randy keeps telling me to lance them... and my answer has been "where??" You can see where they are swollen across the top and I can really feel it in the bottoms when I try to walk. There isn't just one spot where you could lance it, even if I thought it would do any good. And now my calves are trying to catch up with my feet.

That's been my day in a nutshell. Now it's time to go kick back and watch a little tv with my feet up and hope some of the swelling will go down. Y'all have a good night.

Angel ^j^

Well I'm glad it passed I'm sure that's a relief. Hope the swelling goes down. Do they have you on lasix or some other type diuretic?

The only swelling that went down was that of the air in the tire we purchased on Wednesday. By the time Nate got to work this morning, it was almost totally flat. Needless to say, I will be taking/picking him up from work tomorrow and Monday and taking the car back to the tire shop on Tuesday. Even though it is used, they guarantee it for 9 days. Mighty big of them. But a new tire would cost more than a used tire, mounted, balanced and installed back on the Lincoln. I just can't afford to put out the money for a new tire.

And unless Nate gets the job he applied for at Chicken Express 2 weeks ago, he is going to have to break down and start donating plasma twice a week to just put some rent money into his pocket. Although he is going to put in more job applications, it's tough for an 18 year old with little job experience to get a job in this town.

Both feet , ankles and calves are still swollen tonight, as they have been for the past 24+ hours. Can't even stand to touch the left foot to put lotion on it at this point in time. Finally cried myself to sleep about 4 this morning and was back up in pain at about 7:15 this morning and have been on the go since. Looks like tonight might be the same way. I'll eventually pass out from lack of sleep and get about 6 to 8 hours before it will all start again.

Angel ^j^

Nothing wrong with donating plasma. I am sure he does not like having to go that route. Every now and then I do when I need the extra gas money for school. As you know, SSDI is not the best (financial) employer.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

UA, Here in our area is hard to get a job at 18 as well... Summer is the only chance here when your that young, unless you work fast food.. That is one of the main reasons my son moved to montana, for some reason they are crying for good workers.. He had a job the second day he was there, never even had a chance to explore.....lol...he started the next day... I mis him dearly but I hope it works out for him..

It is a high pain night for me toninght, Trying to play on fb watching Lizard Lick towing, trying to get my mind off it... I think I have had a total of 6hrs in the last 2 days for sleep... Its the weather shifting, low 80's and drops off into the mid 40's... I think its going to be an early winter this year.....