Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting with nurse case manager
This is whatI'm asking.

If you allready have lied, and the hiring process is going forward, would you now tell the truth---knowing that now they will know that you lied? Or would you LET IT GO? that is what i'm asking

(07-04-2012, 11:59 PM)hurt back Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 11:35 PM)kwhite48 Wrote: Hey, this is an alleged story. If somebody did not tell an employer about a former WC case, that has been closed, small settlement. Wallmart. Andthey have passed the physical and are thinking about coming clean with employer about past case, would you do it, or just at this point keep your mouth shut because you are allready in the process. And now they would

I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here...

But you should NEVER lie a/b anything just be honest and put it in the past. If you can now perform regular duties then great. But if they ask tell the truth is goes a LONG ways..

[/quote]

I would call them and let them know.

Tell them that you had forgot about it while you were filling in the application.

If they hire you, then great. You don't have to worry about something coming up latter. If they don't hire you, then you continue looking for empoyment.

Botoom line, if you let them know now. You have nothing to worry about in reference to that company.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Any general idea of questions she may ask tomorrow? I just want to be "prepared" for anything abnormal..

Thanks in advance.

(07-08-2012, 12:22 PM)hurt back Wrote: Any general idea of questions she may ask tomorrow? I just want to be "prepared" for anything abnormal..

Thanks in advance.

How are you feeling?

They will go over the Doctors reports and tell you their opinion where you are.
There could be some questions such as what is your current daily routine looking for possible holes in your claim.

They will be looking for anything; I personally would be nice and answer the Questions but offer nothing "extra". These NCM job is to expedite you off the WC system. Maybe it is time i do not know.

Once again, They are not your friend no matter how much "butter" they spread.

I have never had a case manager. But I would agree with other people who have spoken. I feel like this whole system is a matter of stall, and you find your rights. Stall, you find your rights. Or it's an attrition paper war. And don't take it personal. They are more worried about keeping their own jobs than to ever care about you or me.

Well had meeting today with case manager. She asked how got injured, current pain, why I have a cane etc.. I only offered answers to her questions.

She was concerned though why my appt was 6 weeks after my steriod injections, and she said with the main I'm in she is going to check and see if can get the current Dr. to see me sooner..

But that being said, I still don't trust her at all.. I hope that she can help in my case, but from the horror stories I have a good idea that today was just a "front"...

Will let you know how it goes from here!

I am glad she didnt give you a hard time.At least its over with and you dont have to stress anymore.The only reason she probably wants you to see that doctor before 6 weeks is she is hoping he will release you so the sooner the better.Especially if you are getting TIBs thats an extra six weeks they have to pay you while waiting for the that appointment.You did well by just answering her questions,getting straight to the point and not providing any extra info she can try to turn against you.Well hang in there!Take care!
(07-09-2012, 01:20 PM)hurt back Wrote: Well had meeting today with case manager. She asked how got injured, current pain, why I have a cane etc.. I only offered answers to her questions.

She was concerned though why my appt was 6 weeks after my steriod injections, and she said with the main I'm in she is going to check and see if can get the current Dr. to see me sooner..

But that being said, I still don't trust her at all.. I hope that she can help in my case, but from the horror stories I have a good idea that today was just a "front"...

Will let you know how it goes from here!

I'm glad to hear your first impression of her was good... Just be aware of her tactics, you answered her to the point and gave her no extra that is very important.. When I was injured I went in totally blind with the whole wc senerio. While being hospitalized for 2 months, my ncm had to deal with my wife due to I was in a coma.. There were several drs and nurses that took the time and explained to my wife what the ncm is about.. My wife set her straight from the get go and about 2 months after being released from hospital I found this site and had a attorney in the shadows... I didnt have much trouble from my ncm other than her trying to tell the drs how to take care of me.. It got to the point I told a few of my drs she was only alowed in after the appointment...

There is no doubt in my mind she will ask your dr to release you to some level of work. Prepare your self, you know your limits and tell your dr before he writes up restrictions.. Most drs wont put up with the ncm making suggestions but if they return you to work, you must comply and try.. If you dont your bennifits will probably stop.......

(07-10-2012, 02:58 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: I'm glad to hear your first impression of her was good... Just be aware of her tactics, you answered her to the point and gave her no extra that is very important.. When I was injured I went in totally blind with the whole wc senerio. While being hospitalized for 2 months, my ncm had to deal with my wife due to I was in a coma.. There were several drs and nurses that took the time and explained to my wife what the ncm is about.. My wife set her straight from the get go and about 2 months after being released from hospital I found this site and had a attorney in the shadows... I didnt have much trouble from my ncm other than her trying to tell the drs how to take care of me.. It got to the point I told a few of my drs she was only alowed in after the appointment...

There is no doubt in my mind she will ask your dr to release you to some level of work. Prepare your self, you know your limits and tell your dr before he writes up restrictions.. Most drs wont put up with the ncm making suggestions but if they return you to work, you must comply and try.. If you dont your bennifits will probably stop.......

Yes bronco, my dr last visit before he even gave me my epidural injection did a few basic checks and wrote down can return to work on light duty, no bending, lifting, or periodically standing. I called back and told the nurse I'm in pain and on pain meds how can I work like that. She said he though I could return back to work in my current state.. I'm going to mention this to him my next visit..

But anyways, my employer fired me 2 weeks after my injury because I could not let him know when I would return to work..He kept insisting I return to work on light duty and then one day out of the blue, bam I get a EMAIL, stating that I was fired. I was furious to say the least..

But I will let everyone know how my next visit goes, my case manager stated that from my past experience with my steriod injection ( extreme belching, acid reflux, and couldn't hold down food for 4 days, that she didn't think they would do another injection but we will see)

Thanks for everyones concern you don't know how much it means to know that others out there can care

I have had two different nurse case workers show up on my door step.. several years apart..my claims have been going on for 11 years... I notified my attorney about them ....they both got letters to not return to my house or to even bother trying to contact me.... after their letters i never seen them again or heard from them again. My attornys made them go away...If you have an attorney have the attorney make them disappear from your life.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 2,279 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 33,460 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,482 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lawyer meeting left more confused weezle735 9 9,131 07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Meeting With ALJ Redstone 4 3,075 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Redstone
  Hospice nurse new to this process happybalance 9 9,330 12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 20,811 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 24,323 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 8,178 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 16,580 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501