Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i can't afford to be on comp anymore
im trying to raise a kid basicly on my own and also pay all the bills on my own...the checks arent cutting it. im supposed to have surgery as recommended by my dr. the IME dr id i could go back to work full duty. Is it the worst thing in the world to request to go back to work from my regular dr?

depends...on what your injury is...is it something that you can live with the rest of your life? if you were fired tomorrow could you find another job without it bothering you?its your body you can ask to go back to work but your job may refuse to take you back with your injury....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

well i have been told that no pain meds will help so i may as well not take any. meanwhile im on the brink of losing my house due the income i am receiving. lawyer and insurance companies going at it while i sit here going broke and in pain. if i am going to be in pain i may as well do it while making a few bucks.
The ime doc told me i could work, my doc says i need a 2 level fusion....I will ask my doc to clear me to go back to work. I have to atleast give it a shot. If the doctor LIb mutual hired clears me to work, how can they deny me to come back?

FunPops Wrote:well i have been told that no pain meds will help so i may as well not take any. meanwhile im on the brink of losing my house due the income i am receiving. lawyer and insurance companies going at it while i sit here going broke and in pain. if i am going to be in pain i may as well do it while making a few bucks.
The ime doc told me i could work, my doc says i need a 2 level fusion....I will ask my doc to clear me to go back to work. I have to atleast give it a shot. If the doctor LIb mutual hired clears me to work, how can they deny me to come back?

Fun - I hear ya. Its a rough road. I was widowed a year before my injury (no life insurance) and have three teenage boys. I have just about lost my home, my truck was repossessed. I haven't paid a credit card in three years, i have judgements against me...but be careful about pushing yourself to go back to work.
I pushed my doc to let me back to work, and then a few weeks into it, the pain was so intense I could barely stand. The doctor didn't want to take me back off from work. It took me weeks to get my doc to write a letter to get me back off from work. I was at work crying and in pain and barely functioning.

Everyone here understands, but your health is important. I would be careful and really think about your decisions. The grass is always greener....

Your employer wants to make it hard for you to keep going with a WC case. Sad to say but the laws are not written to truly help those that are hurt. Yes the law makes them pay in the end but there is nothing there to make them pay in any timely manner. And you will not get rich on WC. We all feel your pain and most here have been thru the same troubles you are in right now. Its so hard sometimes for us to put our health above everything else but that is where it should be. If you return to full duty what is this telling your employer? Does this look to them like you not telling the truth? What if you go back an cause more injury to yourself? Could this mean more levels a fusion? Could this mean a wheelchair for life? I will say a prayer that God will help you make the right move. I hope you don't think we are all just on the other side of the fence yelling out for you to jump. We can't tell you what is the best for you we can only hope to make you think this out and look at all sides before you decide

dina.....thanks for the reply, i truly hope things are looking up for you at this point. Smile

manley...thanks for the prayer. Smile

i knew there was a reason i liked this forum. you guys are the best. i dont feel so alone after that. Not that i ever felt like i was the only person going through this.

rough couple weeks, we all know how it is.
thank you guys so much, I'll keep you posted. Smile

nursedina Wrote:
FunPops Wrote:well i have been told that no pain meds will help so i may as well not take any. meanwhile im on the brink of losing my house due the income i am receiving. lawyer and insurance companies going at it while i sit here going broke and in pain. if i am going to be in pain i may as well do it while making a few bucks.

Fun - I hear ya. Its a rough road. I was widowed a year before my injury (no life insurance) and have three teenage boys. I have just about lost my home, my truck was repossessed. I haven't paid a credit card in three years, i have judgements against me...but be careful about pushing yourself to go back to work.
I pushed my doc to let me back to work, and then a few weeks into it, the pain was so intense I could barely stand. The doctor didn't want to take me back off from work. It took me weeks to get my doc to write a letter to get me back off from work. I was at work crying and in pain and barely functioning.

Everyone here understands, but your health is important. I would be careful and really think about your decisions. The grass is always greener....

nursedina, did your workers comp checks start coming in again after you went off work again? i went back to work prematurely hoping i could do the job. 3 months later my injury was worse than before so i was taken off work. big mistake going back early. because i was off a year before the w/c said i used up my idl and is not wanting to pay me temp. disability so i sit here broke. lawyer filed for hearing to get ttd.i filed for sdi again so we'll see. aren't idl and ttd different? curley

nursedina, did your workers comp checks start coming in again after you went off work again? i went back to work prematurely hoping i could do the job. 3 months later my injury was worse than before so i was taken off work. big mistake going back early. because i was off a year before the w/c said i used up my idl and is not wanting to pay me temp. disability so i sit here broke. lawyer filed for hearing to get ttd.i filed for sdi again so we'll see. aren't idl and ttd different? curley
[/quote]

Curley - yes they did. They were still paying me partial because they had me doing a different job that was less than 1/2 of my old salary. They started my regular payments back up as soon as my doctor wrote the letter. It was a pain in the a$$ though. I wish I never even tried.

It is so hard to go through all this. The lawyers, ins co, employers etc..don't want to know or care about what we go through. They aren't the ones that have to tell their kids that they aren't getting new shoes this year (Again) because there is no money. They aren;t embaraased by the lock on the propane tank, or the repossessed vehicle. Ugh.. It sucks. I wish we didn;t have to go through all this , but at least we know that there are people here who understand.

nursedina, i'm glad you got paid something.i have recieved some mileage checks and these have helped me alot. but this is pretty bad when i have to depend on mileage checks to get me through. my attorney has filed papers for ttd and has contacted w/c too so we'll see. because i was off over a year, then back on, then off again it has caused some problems somewhere.why is IDL different from TTD? amazing, you work hard, you get hurt doing your best (besides working 3 days for free, (furloughs) and get this stuff to contend with. thanks for all your help!

Curley - Yeah, I was only working for about 4-5 weeks. so I was never really out of the system. I hope it all works out for you. This is a screwy system, and although I understand its not meant to make you rich, it should at least help you survive. I don;t know about you and your family, but mine is rather fond of food and shelter and we have a hard time with those some months. ugh... I just want it to end. Been over two years, had my lawyer send a demand letter for settlement, insurance compnay says that my employer is not interested in settling because they like to put people back to work, even if it takes 10 years!!! Since it is not a regular insurance company - it is a self-insured pool (sp?) so my employer makes the final decision and they would rather pay me for the next million years than settle, so...I'll prolly lose my house...I hate this carnival ride.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't people ever comment anymore? wcthaway 5 270 05-31-2019, 09:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MCO refuses to treat me anymore unless I sign agreement of treatment awolf58 8 5,341 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Last Post: awolf58
  Released to work for three years -Now i Just can't anymore Edwin 6 8,276 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Last Post: kate
  I "DO" nothing anymore Lilly 26 12,362 10-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  I just don't know what to do anymore shugarcookie 10 4,322 06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Last Post: shugarcookie
  Can't afford COBRA! pote2002 4 7,665 04-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Last Post: 1171