Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reasonable Accommodation and P&S
I am sorry. The name did not click at first. Is the second initial of this surgeon's first name d and second initial in last name a? If so I would highly recommend against any spine surgery with him if he recommends it at a later time. I know this is not the surgery you have scheduled. This is just my opinion and you do not have to take it.

I also want you to be aware that you can get a second opinion any time in the work comp system other than your AME. I highly recommend getting several opinions before any surgery no matter if it is work comp or regular insurance to anyone reading this.

If an injured workers primary treating doctor in work comp is an ortho surgeon, then chances are much higher they will be getting surgery. There is data on this. While many surgeries do help patients, there are some surgeons who do medically unnecessary surgeries or overly invasive surgeries.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasonable Accommodation and P&S - California_Help - 06-07-2019, 12:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a Reasonable ammount of time fredsong 5 3,490 06-07-2019, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Proud2bme
  RN with PTSD needs Reasonable Accomodation chasnrnbos 9 11,423 11-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: nursedina
  request for accommodation denied! destinyschatz 14 12,536 08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Last Post: destinyschatz
  EVERY INJURED ENTITLED TO "REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION" BY THEIR EMPLOYER.... 1171 11 17,486 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Last Post: 1171
  RN with PTSD needs Reasonable Accomodation chasnrnbos 3 5,899 02-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Last Post: chasnrnbos