Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NJ 2005 injury IME 2nd injury fund
I cannot answer your work comp questions as I am not from your state. 1171 will hopefully be by soon.

I can provide you with a link that may provide some help for you (not sure). This is a non profit patient advocate foundation that helps patients with chronic, life threatening conditions. They do not help those with work comp claims but I think they may help you with the things you are being denied and not covered by workers compensation especially the medications you cannot afford. You can call and talk to a nurse case manager who may have you fill out an intake form to see if they have any resources to help. I would explain your condition is life threatening and you are asking for assistance with things that are not being covered by work comp or denied. There are non profits that help patients pay for medications and medical treatment, and this is just one. Please let me know if they were not able to help you and if so the name of the person who did not help.

I also wanted to mention since your child is out of high school there may be scholarships available for them to apply to help for college. Kids Chance info is in a link above at the top of this site. Your attorney is correct that once a child graduates from high school they lose the SSDI. While there is nothing you can do about that, if you are interested I recommend checking with your department of social services if you now qualify for other benefits such as food stamp help etc. Most states now provide credit card type of food stamp. Within the link above for PAF they have a resources section that will do a look up of resources in your state for help with things like electric bill etc. Colleges do offer financial help for those who qualify. If your child is interested in attending college, I encourage your child to meet with a financial aid counselor and take advantage of it. There are also a lot of grants out there, that is basically free money for your child to pay for your child to go to college and pay for housing food etc. Applying for grants may help make up for income lost by SSDI and your child benefits by attending college full time.

I am sorry about the difficulties you have had since your fusion. I had a lumbar anterior/posterior 2 level fusion and I am much worse after, but nothing like what you are experiencing, God bless you. Can I ask if you only had your disc removed and not your vertebrae via corpectomy? I ask this because you have some symptoms patients have complained about after having a corpectomy. I also want to ask what surgery your neurosurgeon plans to do on your lower back after injections is it another fusion? I am surprised they are planning additional surgeries on you with your current condition. I don't know the WC rules in your state but I hope you have a second opinion process. I recommend seeing a neurosurgeon at a top university if you have not done so already.

 Do you have a family member or friend to help advocate for you and go with you to doctors appointments? Also, do you have Medicare? Medicare may pay for your denied prescriptions by work comp.

I am sending you a private message with some additional info. Let me know if you cannot locate the pm.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NJ 2005 injury IME 2nd injury fund - California_Help - 12-21-2016, 05:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What to settle first work comp or personal injury - NY sickofpain2020 1 824 11-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question Are you depressed and anxious because of your injury? Buddy1114 1 989 04-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury jarimiah 14 9,754 01-30-2020, 12:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hours cut after weight restriction due to injury SavedSinner 5 1,129 01-25-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  First major injury at work Maintenance mechanic 3201 3 1,191 11-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 1,433 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 765 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  injury during physical therapy maggiemae4321 5 7,654 02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 1,865 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Accept $3,000 Settlement offer for head injury??? Andalasia 7 3,251 10-26-2018, 01:15 AM
Last Post: California_Help

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)