Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what happened to my sex life
Smile 
Mom, I know how you're feeling. I went through much the same thing. Yes, both antidepressants and narcotics will decrease the libido. However, the most likely thing is simple. Pain. If you're in pain, you don't want it. If it causes you pain, you don't want to inflict more than your fair share. Right? It would be my opinion that you could try some books, as mentioned earlier...like the Kama Sutra books. They offer methods that we normally don't think of. Like touch, and the importance of it. Sometimes we get into a rut and take on the same ol', same ol' and that's that. If you do some reading, there will be many suggestions as to how to go about this alternatively with the same satisfaction. The best part.....the Kama Sutra books have pictures depicting what they're talking about!!! Tongue That, in and of itself, might do the trick!! LOL It's a valid problem. Something that most of us have either gone through or are going through at the moment. My husband and I found that by experimenting with the different positions that we got closer and more in touch with each other's feelings. That's us. I'm not saying that will happen for you, naturally. But it brought something new and different to the table....added a little spark, if you will.
Then, of course, there's always the 'flicks' to get one's motor going. My belief is, "To each his/her own." What works for one, might not work for another.
You can always speak with your Dr. about this situation as well. They have an abundance of knowledge and won't laugh at you either. Most expect it to come up at some point. Don't be shy.....they aren't. Heck, they see us at our most volnerable....why worry!?
It's completely normal having this happen. As well, if your case goes to deposition or even court, you may be asked if about your sex life. The opposing attorney did in my deposition. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I told him the truth. My husband and I were relatively newly weds (having just had our 1st anniversary) and that yes, it was an issue, that I would like for it to be normal but nothing is near what it was like before my injury. If you're in pain and can't move as before, then yes...it will have a dramatic affect to one's life. My injury was to my lower back, so you can imagine the difference it made in our sex life. We have learned to adapt and overcome in regards to my injury, but it's still not the same! Thankfully, we aren't as young as we used to be and it's not that big of a deal as it would have been if we were still in our teens or twenties!!
I hope this helps a little!! Like the others have suggested...the washer is indeed a good place to start!! Wink
Good luck and I hope you're able to overcome your difficulties!
Punk   :0)
"If I were any better....I'd only be half as good as you!!"

Messages In This Thread
what happened to my sex life - mom2emy - 04-20-2007, 05:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well it finaly happened AQA 27 13,930 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 3,654 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  On a positive note, name something good that happened to you today monster 11 11,992 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Last Post: jayne
Sad well, I guess it's happened "Addiction" Lilly 56 36,125 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Something strange happened Bummer Knees 17 7,937 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees