Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums...
you all are really making me feel my age . we were the only one at our end of the holler to have electric and the first to have a tv brother got it for us .and cartoons are not cartoons anymore i dont want my grands watching some of them
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

UndercovrAngel Wrote:Boy, the things you miss when LIFE gets in the way. Have ben busy at work, and busy on the house that we are trying to renovate. Then there was all the flooding that we had here. It looks like the rain has departed for some time (been almost a week without any) and only slight chances this week for any. Hopefully it will hold off so that we can get our yard here back under control. It is still so wet that we can't mow it and will need a hay baler by the time it is dried enough.

Monster ... I saw in your reply to Dallas that you will be coming into my neck of the woods. I would love to get the chance to meet you. And I can drive to find you, as Wichita Falls is my hometown now. Let me know if you will have the time to get together and maybe have a coke or a cup of coffee. On me of course Big Grin

I remember growing up and watching Howdy Doody, Romper Room, Capt'n Kangaroo and ol Bozo. But there is one that we watched everyday that was a hometown show out of Denver. It was called "Blinkies Fun Club". And yes, Blinkie was a clown Monster. My Brownie troop appeared on his show the summer that I turned 6, and it so happens that it was the week of my b'day, so I got to go up and stand with him while he sang Happy B'day to me. I was scared $$HITLE$$ !!!! ~LOL~

How many of you remember Sharri Lewis and Lambchop??

Angel ^j^

Angel, I would love to meet you girl and dallas to if she could make it, but I might be there in the middle of the work week for you guys. I sure don't want to put anyone to any trouble, so Angel we could go and have coffee or something maybe ayt night? Am still not sure where, when, or anything else but I'll try and keep you posted. How do you like WF? I imagine it's very hot and humid there at the moment.

This is going to get very tight for me. I still need to build a greenhouse, finish my online classes, take care of my lants and make that long drive all while hurting like hec. I am just being determined right now and stubborn so we'll see how it goes.

AND, I hope to be able to met Jayne before I go!!!

Angel - LMAO I would totally freak if some clown were singin happy birthday to me. You are lots braver than I am!!!!
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Now you want to talk OLD, I remember sitting on the floor in front of the radio listening to the Cinnimon Bear and Inner Sanctum, Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?. The Shadow Knows. Now if anyone remembers those they are telling there age LMAO.

now you got me there ,but i remember hearing of them ,and hey me and you are pretty close in age ,maybe you just have heared of them too

Sweet, Bless your heart, But I did sit on the floor listening , or radio was a floor model antique now, Our first tv was small and all the neighbors came in to watch it, as it was the first in our neighborhood. We watched Elvis give his first tv apperance but only from the waist up because he swiveled his hips and that was considered unseen, I forgot the name of the show any one remember what the name was???

it wasnt ed sulivan was it?

Thanks Sweet that was it, see with ole age we forget lots of thingsLOL

Big Grin
Tuffy....that's why I call you Grandma LOL. Although I remember everything you are all talking aboutTongue Must have joined the old age club and missed signing up for it.Smile

CAP

Monster,
The middle of the week, the end of the week, it all works for me. I am usually off work by 4 or just after (other than Tuesdays which are late nights for me ... work till 7pm). I am off on Sundays and Mondays.

It's not been to bad heat wise here so far (haven't even gotten close to a 100 yet) and I am getting accustomed to the humidity. The bad thing right now is all the skeeters. I was outside at the other house for 5 minutes Friday night. When we got back in the house, I had 16 skeeter bites and 2 chigger bites ... and they were all on my left leg from the knee down. Not another single bite any where else ~LOL~.

Tuffy, I vaguely recall The Shadow Knows (and that might be from hearing reruns on the radio when I was growing up). I got some station from the east coast on my little am fm transistor late at night and would put it under my pillow and lay and listen to it. There were several other "sci-fi / mystery shows" I listened to as well.

The first TV that we had was one of the old "blonde" sets as they were called back then. Big ole box with a small screen. Us kids watched it in the basement of the house. I grew up on Dark Shadows, and remember when Young and the Restless first started playing on TV.

Although I am not quite as old as some of you here, there are still a lot of great memories tied to the TV. Saturday morning cartoons were great back then. BUgs, Road Runner, Mickey, Sylvester and Tweety, Duddly DooRight... those sure were the good ole days !!! I won't watch any of what they classify as cartoons now days.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Wow, Road runner was one of my bestest favorite, BEEP BEEP LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some new hope. bronco54501 7 6,255 08-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Trip to Dallas with my friend the injured nurse. Bummer Knees 4 2,301 08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  I'm leading to believe everyone has left.. bronco54501 10 6,153 03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Incident at a small store left me shaken to the core bodybuilder1958 9 7,350 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  My wife left me Wink 22 16,670 10-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Politics don't work well on forums bodybuilder1958 1 1,912 03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Well, I haven't seen her lately...but I thought I saw her out cruising the beulavard Wink 8 5,917 09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Six IPADS left! Wink 8 6,721 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Last Post: jayne
  New to forums laurasunshine 5 2,522 01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: laurasunshine
  Sorry haven't been on for awhile Bad Boy Bad Boy 17 8,652 11-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958