Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Need help on Florida OJCC final rule to enforce settlement
Exclamation 
I am lost and desperate for information and representation.

My attorney railroaded me into settlement without disclosing terms of the agreement he worked out with the insurance firm. He pointed to signature line, handed papers to secretary- did not go over any of the settlement. He had deliberately included a general release for my EEOC/FCHR case and a resignation. He lied to me stating the insurance would pay his fee not to come out of my funds.

I fired him after when I saw the full paperwork and realized what he did. Had sent him emails from 11/2017 stating amounts not acceptable and terms. He did not send me for second opinion nor use any of the other information to win my case.

Now OJCC judge final ruling is to enforce settlement. Research shows OJCC has no right to force me to sign general release. I will not sign papers stating my attorney represented me nor that I knew what I signed. He did not make sure I knew. He and the mediator lied under oath- me against them - I had to do pro se because no one in Florida will go against that attorney.

Can I be forced to sign the general release or the papers stating the attorney covered the terms? What rights do I have to take this to higher court and how do I find an attorney to handle that? Can I refuse to sign the paperwork? I had told the judge I would sign a medical release to settle but not the general release or the papers for the attorney. I read I can not be forced to sign or settle? Even though my attorney tricked me into signing- he has railroaded others into low settlements- found a couple already.

No pay since 2/5/2018 at the fiasco of mediation. Need unemployment but if I sign resignation I can not get it in Florida? I have no income- still injured - can not get some jobs because I am still in pain. Not released from injury by doctors.

Have no clue what to do - was told by social security I can't get disability from my age? Where can I find help and how do I know my rights? I am not an attorney and am exhausted from sleep deprivation.

it's your choice to sign your name.
you should not make decisions when you are under physical/mental duress.
you can file a complaint against your atty with the state bar
https://www.floridabar.org/public/acap/
contact attys in neighboring states for representation
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Glad the information was helpful.
Thankx for posting.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-17-2018, 02:35 AM)1171 Wrote: it's your choice to sign your name.
you should not make decisions when you are under physical/mental duress.
you can file a complaint against your atty with the state bar
https://www.floridabar.org/public/acap/
contact attys in neighboring states for representation

You’re welcome.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-17-2018, 01:33 AM)recoup18 Wrote: I am lost and desperate for information and representation.

My attorney railroaded me into settlement without disclosing terms of the agreement he worked out with the insurance firm. He pointed to signature line, handed papers to secretary- did not go over any of the settlement. He had deliberately included a general release for my EEOC/FCHR case and a resignation. He lied to me stating the insurance would pay his fee not to come out of my funds.

I fired him after when I saw the full paperwork and realized what he did. Had sent him emails from 11/2017 stating amounts not acceptable and terms. He did not send me for second opinion nor use any of the other information to win my case.

Now OJCC judge final ruling is to enforce settlement. Research shows OJCC has no right to force me to sign general release. I will not sign papers stating my attorney represented me nor that I knew what I signed. He did not make sure I knew. He and the mediator lied under oath- me against them - I had to do pro se because no one in Florida will go against that attorney.

Can I be forced to sign the general release or the papers stating the attorney covered the terms? What rights do I have to take this to higher court and how do I find an attorney to handle that? Can I refuse to sign the paperwork? I had told the judge I would sign a medical release to settle but not the general release or the papers for the attorney. I read I can not be forced to sign or settle? Even though my attorney tricked me into signing- he has railroaded others into low settlements- found a couple already.

No pay since 2/5/2018 at the fiasco of mediation. Need unemployment but if I sign resignation I can not get it in Florida? I have no income- still injured - can not get some jobs because I am still in pain. Not released from injury by doctors.

Have no clue what to do - was told by social security I can't get disability from my age? Where can I find help and how do I know my rights? I am not an attorney and am exhausted from sleep deprivation.

From my experience WC in florida is some corrupted You dont say which state in florida you are ,but it is MIA one of the worst.
Also you need to learn to know what is happening with your case google ojcc and from their page look for case search,put yoyr name last name and employer and you will see your case.
Also beside 1171 advice always good I wil find a local tv station they will help you problably to find an attorney and make your case become public .
this will put some presure on the judge rule on your attorney and with the florida bar too

Any way you have nothing to lose

https://www.jcc.state.fl.us/jcc/

Also about SSI .If you have been out of your work for at least a year apply for disability benefits they will problaby denied ,depending the kind of injury you have.
Time to look for an attorney for disability He/ She will evaluated your case
if they see a chance to win your case ,they will take it

Remenber you apply the most is goin to happend is they will denied

Did you file a complaint?
Did you check out-of-state attorneys.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement offer florida Davidbum 2 1,662 03-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Cashiered Too
  Florida menescus surgery settlement opinion help. Future medical? Stinkeye22 5 14,669 10-16-2015, 05:53 AM
Last Post: richardhudson
  Who does my final rating ?? Joey1234 1 2,697 08-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Final settlement in ohio gospdave 5 8,765 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM
  Final Stages preframe 1 2,509 05-21-2014, 01:22 AM
  Settlement? 4% Permanent Disability due to WC pushing out surgery (Florida) WCMessedMeUp 5 30,908 07-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Last Post: WCMessedMeUp
  Got Final Rating Now what? Football71 22 23,829 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Rolleyes Final settlement Ruki 2 9,573 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
  Help - how can I force my judge to rule? bodybuilder1958 11 12,674 01-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  California Going and Coming Rule Exceptions? aticnib 20 19,914 07-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy