Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have any idea if WC can do this?
I was injured on the job in 1997. I still worked with "light duty" restrictions, until I became a victim of SEBAC vs Rowland. (Connecticut Governor in 2002)  GOOGLE it and read what a nightmare we went through!
Basically, they wanted to cut 3000 state employee jobs, but they wanted us to quit, so, the mandate went out to harass and drive people out. Rowland is now in jail, where he should be. 

I filed with the EEOC & CHRO (Iwas the only one to do this) They found in my favor after proving retaliation from a specific supervisor.
The settlement has a gag-order on it, so I cannot speak about that.
In 2004, I was granted Early disability retirement pension. In 2010, I was granted SSD benefits that were "offset" with my pension. That means, I am not collecting ANY WC benefits anymore. I did NOT stiip out my back injury and I never retained any counsel, (I can read the book of WC laws)
One of the WC commissioners told me to put my medication on my private insurance. That is actually fraud, and I said that to him, but he insisted. I only pay $1.88 for some, and others are totally free, so I did not care to bring it to hearings and fight and argue. If my insurance finds out, I have the name of the commissioner at my finger tips.

I just had a 360 degree lumbar fusion, January 2016, paid by workers comp. I waited until a new disc was invented because everyone with screws and rods, told me not to get it. 
Finally, I saw the 2 neurosurgeons and the vascular surgeon, and my back was such a mess, by now, WC approved it in 10 days, with no hearing. L-4 & L-5 collapsed onto the nerve that goes into my left leg. Spurring, scoliosis, nucleous pulpous was leaking into my spinal canal. I could barely take a step.
They found the nerve that goes from L-5 to my left leg was "frayed" and had to be sewn and wrapped, so it will grow back.
If anyone has a bad back injury my advice to you is, NEVER STIP IT OUT. 
Also, get the new discs that are NOW available and walk away from the surgeons still doing fusions with rods and screws.

Anyway, today was my 6 week follow-up with one of the neurosurgeons. When I went up to tell them I was there, the receptionist said, "WC wants us to get a urine specimen from you today". I did not have to pee at all, and she never said what they were testing me for. They are always looking for an out at every turn.

The doctor was late, and I saw her getting ready to leave for lunch. She looked at me and said, "you still do not have to go?" 
I told her, "I am not collecting WC benefits so pretty much, there is no reason I should comply."
She nodded in agreement, and said, don't worry about it. I am not going to push it because this office does not normally do urine screenings." (even she thought it was odd) I love this office!

What business does WC have, inspecting my urine, when I am no longer getting any money from them?
They just paid for the surgery which they agreed to, Had they not, I would by now, have a "severed nerve", and would be much worse off. 

So, my question is, if I am no longer collecting any form of benefits, other than mileage, does WC have the right to ask me for a urine screening?

The only time I ever had to have a screening was when they sent me to Pain Management. That was the drug factory phase of this back injury, and those days are long gone.

Thanks for any feedback.
[color=#181818][size=small][font=Merriweather, Georgia, serif]The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively~[/font][/size][/color]

You are receiving a very expensive benefit from WC and it is your medical treatment. In my state patients are requested these types of tests from their prescribing doctors and it is not only for those who have work comp claims. I would wonder why this doctor is requesting this if she is not prescribing you any medications, correct?

I am not familiar with the laws in your state, and I recommend checking the rules on this if you do not get another reply.

Good luck to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 8 3,555 12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,109 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Any idea, Please help BackPain2011 7 5,762 05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Last Post: BackPain2011
  Idea's of what I should look for in a settlement Hurt medic 2 2,010 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Have no idea what is going on? Bill 9 5,017 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Last Post: AQA
  I have no idea what WC is or what to do? Advice please!! Hferna 2 3,087 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 18,241 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
  I really have no idea what's going on and could use some help. Stahi 2 3,234 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Stahi
  Stepping down at work before WC surgery...bad idea??? NVworker 3 3,118 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Last Post: NVworker
  Wyoming - No idea what to do danshu15 13 6,907 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lilly