Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans Threaten SSDI benefits
You are so right the system needs to work faster but I'm sure that is part of how they want it. They figure even if you should get it if they drag it out you will give up. And Bummer you are so right there are TV ads and you see things on FB pushing people to almost call and give it a shot. Kind of like buying a lotto ticket. These lawyers are just trying to make a buck. Sad part is there are still people that are drawing that don't belong but not a lot they will do. Not that I want them showing up at the door just to spot check but if it would help weed out those then do it. My daughter was telling me about a gal that her mom told her how to get on it by not showering for weeks before meets or hearing and how to act to make them think your crazy. But then these people can go out and do what they want.

Was talking today to my wife and said I would think since we are settling they would stop following me but I could see them still doing it in hopes I would think now that we are done I can do anything without worry. Trouble is I can't do much without pain

(01-11-2015, 11:01 PM)Manley2 Wrote: You are so right the system needs to work faster but I'm sure that is part of how they want it. They figure even if you should get it if they drag it out you will give up. And Bummer you are so right there are TV ads and you see things on FB pushing people to almost call and give it a shot. Kind of like buying a lotto ticket. These lawyers are just trying to make a buck. Sad part is there are still people that are drawing that don't belong but not a lot they will do. Not that I want them showing up at the door just to spot check but if it would help weed out those then do it. My daughter was telling me about a gal that her mom told her how to get on it by not showering for weeks before meets or hearing and how to act to make them think your crazy. But then these people can go out and do what they want.

Was talking today to my wife and said I would think since we are settling they would stop following me but I could see them still doing it in hopes I would think now that we are done I can do anything without worry. Trouble is I can't do much without pain

I couldn't agree more. I handle SSDI/SSI claims as part of my practice and a big portion of the first appointment is always explaining to the potential client that this is not going to be quick; this is not going to be easy; and I don't care what you may have heard about the guy with the minor condition that got benefits first shot, that is not going to be you. People don't want to hear it since they have seen commercial after commercial telling them they are entitled. Those firms must have a bunch of paralegals to take the angry calls otherwise they would have no time left to go to court.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

(01-11-2015, 05:12 PM)Timothy Belt Wrote: Maybe, but this is not a new problem and moving the money around doesn't solve it. Desperation is the mother of invention and so long as you are robbing Peter to pay Paul nothing gets done.

moving money around is not a problem. it's done all the time in finances and budgeting.
the problem occurs when when special conditions are added/attached in order to further another political agendae ---like my post attributes to the new republican congress.
why do the republicans want to make it a problem now by adding special conditions that will make SSDI more difficult to manage?
looks like more "monkey-wrench" politics to me...
I'm sure your disabled clients will appreciate that their loss of SSDI benefits will help improve the federal budgeting process.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Timothy I can only imagine how many phone calls some of these lawyers that do all the ads get. It's funny these guys spend so much on ads and it's one thing to help people get the benefits they need to live on but those guys seem to be pushing the ads to some out there that want to just be lazy to give it a shot. The first lawyer we hired to do my wifes case got us to withdraw her case because it came up for a hearing too soon so there was not going to be enought money to be made. Second lawyer said she would go after that money we lost because of them getting us to withdraw. At the hearing the hearing officer said she would award her the benefits right then if she dropped going after the lost years. Her and my wife stepped out to talk it over with me and the wife and she said because my wife really needed the income and the medicare right then she was willing to forget about that extra money.

the problem is, that the government allows companies to end all payment after 2 years. Then the companies can let the state/government pay for our care, no time limits. The company we worked for should be responsible for our care/pay for as long as it takes to recover. Mow they want us to sale out our fm, and once that money is gone, they state will pay for our care.

Why are the states/gov. even involved? I didn't work for them, I worked for a drilling comp. that profited over 6 billion last year, but didn't have to pay me anything.

States/gov should stop paying for injured workers, that should be the companies responsibility, till we are completely recovered.

(01-12-2015, 12:09 PM)dolphins Wrote: the problem is, that the government allows companies to end all payment after 2 years. Then the companies can let the state/government pay for our care, no time limits. The company we worked for should be responsible for our care/pay for as long as it takes to recover. Mow they want us to sale out our fm, and once that money is gone, they state will pay for our care.

Why are the states/gov. even involved? I didn't work for them, I worked for a drilling comp. that profited over 6 billion last year, but didn't have to pay me anything.

States/gov should stop paying for injured workers, that should be the companies responsibility, till we are completely recovered.

I agree with you completely, but its not so simple.. Its a dog eat dog world and ins companies run the show.. I'm glad my state helped me when wc started their games, without them and not getting any treatment I probably would be dead..

I agree. They cry about being broke. then allow companies to turn disability payment over to the state/gov. i was making well over 120,000 a year, now I get 890.00 a month, from the state. At least at 2/3 my reg. pay, i could support my family, without help from the state/gov.

i have rsd, got it from an injury at work, I will have this the rest of my life, the company should be paying me 2/3 for the rest of my life.

So if the state/gov allows this to happen, then they should stop crying about having to pay millions of injured worker.

Kind of like in my case they have been letting them bill medicare for my WC bills since 2010. Now that I think we are settling with open medical I bet they hope many bills will get turned into medicare and they will not pay them back without my lawyer getting in the middle. I'm not sure they are paying back medicare for everything anyway

more information on SSDI:

http://www.nasi.org/research/2013/social...-address-f

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSDI.. Are kids benefits taxable? Hoosier_Daddy 10 15,592 03-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Oklahoma Republicans vote to restrict Comp benefits 1171 22 23,501 04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  THREATEN HR STOCKWELL 10 6,221 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Last Post: AQA