Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not handle the pain....
I put my Patch back on today after 2 months of trying to ween myself off of it. Sad My Pain Level is to high and the Anxiety is to great.

I now have a deeper appreciation of what dependency is and what pain meds can do for the IW who needs it.

I sorta feel rejected but it was not working for me.

Dont Lucky,maybe it just takes more time for you....I didnt quit smoking the first time I tried either....I quit many many times....maybe you need more time give your self a break and time.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(11-08-2012, 02:12 PM)lucky Wrote: I put my Patch back on today after 2 months of trying to ween myself off of it. Sad My Pain Level is to high and the Anxiety is to great.

I now have a deeper appreciation of what dependency is and what pain meds can do for the IW who needs it.

Did you do this on your own. If you did I hope your dr. will agree and write your scripts again. You should have had some kind of pain meds to replace the patch with.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(11-08-2012, 02:52 PM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 02:12 PM)lucky Wrote: I put my Patch back on today after 2 months of trying to ween myself off of it. Sad My Pain Level is to high and the Anxiety is to great.

Did you do this on your own. If you did I hope your dr. will agree and write your scripts again. You should have had some kind of pain meds to replace the patch with.

Also, I have enough Patch's to make it until I see My PM Doctor 2 weeks from now.

I did it on my own. My PM Doctor did not know.

I never had the prescription for the Fentanyl Patch removed.

I did not fill it last month but I go back late Nov. and the Fentanyl patch will be on the prescription because I never ask to stop it.

I took a drug test last month and obviously passed so I should be good.

Also, I have enough "extras" from 6 years of prescriptions to make it till my appointment and I was cutting them in half for 2 months.

I did this without any Physician advice because I did not want my monthly prescription removed in case of a situation like this.

Lucky you gave it your best.....do not beat yourself up over this.

Perhaps if you try again with the support of the pain doctor......may make a difference.

I hope it wasn't the patches you were cutting in half. I think that's a big no, no with those. Mine had gel stuff in them. Couldn't even cut them in half without the stuff oozing out (I'm assuming) so hopefully you're talking about another pain med.

(11-08-2012, 11:44 PM)monster1963 Wrote: I hope it wasn't the patches you were cutting in half. I think that's a big no, no with those. Mine had gel stuff in them. Couldn't even cut them in half without the stuff oozing out (I'm assuming) so hopefully you're talking about another pain med.

Monster I went though this with the patches a couple years ago, no you do not cut them in hald, like you said they are full of gel, and If one cuts them you would still get the full effect from them. When I did the step down thing with them, the Dr. and Pharmacist showed me how to cover up half of the patch on the underside so only half of the gel gets into the body.I went half for 2 weeks then cut it to a quarter. and then after 2 weeks I went to no patch. But I was given pills to take to replace the patch with after I was weaned off. I was on the 100mg, so when I was to be weaned off I went down from the 100, next month I went to the 75mg, then the next month stepped down to the 50mc, then down to the 25mg, then that is when we cut the strength to 12.5 by covering them up and down to no patch, yes it was hell and boy was it hell I was laying in the floor begging for anthing I could get my hands on. I can remember I was home alone at night as wife works 3rd shift. just me and the dog and I would be in the floor crying and begging and the dog laying with me and licking me, he felt so sorry for me. But I new once my body go through it I would be better off physically and mentaly to. It was hard but I was persistant I would make it. and I did. but I still have oxycodone, no not the one for percocet generic. They are just straight oxycodone no tylenol in them, nor are they the time release oxycodone that they use for generic oxycotin. But they are going to be a bear to when I need to stop taking them, as I can tell my body has set in and completely adjusted to them now, but surely they will be easier to stop than that patch was. I will never put that patch on again. I wish Lucky had involved his dr, on what he was doing as the dr. could of given him something to replace it with.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

The Fentanyl Patchs I cut were Mylan Patchs. They do not contain gel; The Fentanyl is in the adhesive.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...CDMQ9QEwAQ

I use the Lidoderm pain patch, I find it to help with the pain.

It is a patch with a gel type substance with the directions saying it can be cut in half if needed.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/lidoderm.html

Bummer I have used them and have cut them as well, but fentynal patches are designed differently... Liboderm patches are to be put where the pain is fentynal you dont...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4 ways to handle holidays and pain California_Help 4 4,822 08-16-2016, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Swelis1990
  Flash from the past. How to handle telemarkers?? Turn your speakers on AQA 0 2,449 05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Last Post: AQA