Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
having issues finding a doctor in NW Arkansas
I have a California WC claim and just have medical now for my back.. I have moved to Arkansas about 2 1/2 years and was dealing with a pain management doctor in Fayetteville AR. My Doctor decided to drop me and he is really a pain and very rude doctor and I had been looking for a new doctor beforehand who will treat me with dignity but now I cannot find a doctor who will take WC from Calif. Plus with the type of medication that I take no pain management doc. will not take me in NW Arkansas unless somehow I missed something. I have called my adjuster in Fresno and she states she can't do anything because I am out of state. If I happen to find a doctor just let her know and we will go from there but other than that I am really stuck and don't know what to do. Can anyone give me a idea of what I can do to find a new doc. or how to find one. I go thru constant pain in my lower back and I had 3 back surgeries and had my lower back fused and my back is getting worse.

Thanks a million for any suggestions .
you are in a difficult spot.
i don't believe california can demand an out-of-state doctor accept their fee schedule but you may have to go to court to get it enforced.
you can request a copy of the carrier's MPN rules and see how they address out-of-state treatment.
you can also contact the medical bureau of the DWC and see what advice they give

you could also pay the difference and file for re-imbursement. the court would have a difficult time denying you in light of their refusal to provide treatment.

but of course all this is very difficult from out-of-state without legal representation.
all the leverage is theirs.

another option is to get them to offer a reasonable buy-out of your future medical treatment.
but again, if they want to be butts about the whole thing, it could be a struggle.

after all that and still no solution I would start badgering California legislators and the Insurance commissioners office.

also try writing to the claims manager and ask them for help & suggestions,
who knows you may hit a sympathetic nerve.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 2,903 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Finding work Lostandconfused 8 2,959 12-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Distal bicep tear in Arkansas Train6336 3 2,728 01-22-2018, 11:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Future medical issues Animatedbreak84 10 9,408 10-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Utah MMI issues please help kiman 3 3,279 08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC - TTD\PPD and finding a job forumposter100 6 6,147 04-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Last Post: forumposter100
  need new dr. my last dr. died ( arkansas) boutrede2give^ 1 2,023 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  georgia work comp issues nursepaulamae 5 10,283 09-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Finding a Doctor Desperate for Help 1 3,981 08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Finding Similar Cases d3a4n 2 3,986 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Last Post: d3a4n

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)