Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post traumatic stress disorder
After months and months of telling my employer about my heel pain, I went to a Dr and got 4 wks TTD note. I filed for WC and was completely unprepared for the runanound, lies, survellience and tricks my employer was capable of. Feeling sabotaged and afraid I went into a paralyzing panic for periods of 18 hours or more. Throwing up and uncontrolable sobbing became an everyday event.
After a total breakdown, (on camera) with my HR rep she suspended my modified duty and told me to get a DR note for my PTSD. During that 1 3/4 hour interview with her, it came up that some of my rage and terror stemmed from a sexual assault some 30 years ago and childhood trauma.
I asked my DR for the note and he became angry with my employer for crossing the line, making me diagnose myself, agree that its not WC and to seek my own DR disabilty note.
Anyway, after thinking about it, my past employment has been riddled with bullying, physical assault, sexual harrasment, mind games, mobbing etc. At every job I wrote greivances by the ton, and always ended up forced out. There are probably records of these events in past personel files. Can I use the past or does my mental duress have to come ONLY from my present employer to qualify for WC?

man oh man what a barrel full of problems.......I believe WC is responsiable for only the job you are at right now....however since she was the one who sent you over the edge you might be able to claim it....I suggest you have a sit down with a WC lawyer in your state be upfront and honest with him he could tell you what your options are good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

a past history with multiple employers points to you as the conssitent weak point not the employer.
the claim is against one employer not all of them.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I have a lawyer who became aware of potential emotioanal problems during my first interview. I am kinda scared to tell about my breakdown, although he probably already knows because my DR. keeps him up to date. My DR put in a referral to my employer's IC for apsych eval. but I'm unsure if they will approve it.
I posted here to get a perspective before I sit down with him about this mess.
During that eval, or whatever happens from here, wont they go through my past history anyway? I mean won't I have to confront it anyway?

yes, they will probably want the doctors to use your prior problems when giving an opinion as to the cause of the current ones.

as I replied to your question - your past problems will not be an advantage to you in this claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Traumatic Brain Injury and vision problems Ranfin 2 808 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Califoria stress claims CaseyandMarie 28 19,366 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: BB019
  Should I file A Stress Claim? workmanscompquestions 9 9,930 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  post traumatic disability? whirlybirddude 3 3,448 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Last Post: NewDriver
  Everybody Loves Stress...Help in California JCHoyle 7 9,687 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: injuredinil2
  Stress and Health Claim?? Caligirl1276 2 5,392 08-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  stress claim Hawaii Lydia 8 12,269 08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
  IVD Lumbar Disorder planetboxer 7 16,270 07-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  stress and anxiety in california meyea 20 35,526 07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
  stress leavc lynnsimons3 1 3,710 10-30-2009, 12:52 AM
Last Post: 1171