Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it normal
while fighting a workers comp case,your attorney doesn't want you to look for a job.still on company payroll but not receiving any income from any source.don't want to quit,and haven't been let go yet.seems that I'm suppose to wait until case is settled and I lose everything. I have restrictions to return to work, but company says no work under those rest.

Then why are you not receiving TTD from work if you are on WC and they say they have no work for you?

Orange,something isnt right...have a sitdown with your lawyer and ask him what he wants you to do for money.......if you cannot return to your job with the restrictions in place by your Dr then they should be paying you a TTD check or let you go...so you can look for another one or collect unemployment....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

was hurt on job,employer says i was not,i had witnesses, i have been to mediation and a hearing before a deputy commisioner, now waiting on another hearing before the full commision because of employer appealed deputy comm.decision.was not awarded wc benefits, wc was denied, was not on the job long enough to get anyshort or long term ins benefits.been over a yr +1/2 and about to lose everything. spouse is only income but that doesn't pay all the bills.had to file on her ins to have surgeries done. don't want to put too much on here cause I know that my paralegal reads these blogs

your lawyer is your only recourse ..if you can work then you have to try and work.... as long as you stay within your restrictions you are okay
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

each time I contact him ,they say they will get back to me, but they never do.I have let them know that I have looked at jobs and was wanting to apply, but they haven't given me the go ahead. I don't want to do anything that will jepordize my case! NC CASE! do you think they don't want me to find a job since my employer hasn't terminated me and that might hurt my case?

North Carolina allows disability benefits to be based on wage loss rather then impairment.
sounds like they are trying to maximize the settlement (and their fee) at the expense of your short term financial situation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

knew there had to be a reason behind it! thanks

Orange, if your told to return to work, and the employer can't meet the medical restrictions, then tells you you can't work due to those restritions, the employers Insurance for work comp gets notified, and should re-start your TTD checks.

Since it sounds like your being contested by the employer, it sounds like your attorney is still battling this, and is why your told not to find work, because if your attorney wins, you will get all the lost TTD check money back. That is what is going on, or as it seems from what you have written.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BBBB, I have never received TTD checks from anyone because I haven,t won my case yet.WC was denied and am waiting on trial or whatever.Been to mediation and first hearing in front of IC judge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A little shaken, don't know if this is normal. Nabby 7 4,854 11-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  MRI says normal but its a lie, xray shows not normal racer17 2 1,819 06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
Rolleyes normal calculating methods when two different % are given kevin5960 5 2,750 02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
Smile Tips and tricks to do normal things while in pain.. PainandSmiles 26 14,292 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: lucky
  I recieved a larger than normal check? simplyshane 4 5,306 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: ace25
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,358 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  Beyond the scope of normal household duties bagpussinamerica 6 6,402 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: mpenny
Exclamation Ouch! Is this normal? TiredOfHurting09 32 14,948 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09
  Too Long or The Normal Time Stumpy 13 8,651 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  I am confused as normal risingeagle222 11 5,095 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Last Post: stiffnecked