Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinal cord stimulation
jayne Wrote:so you got what you wanted.....and your gonna throw all those other patients under the bus......your GF is a medical practitioner who is sworn to do no harm and she threw all those patients under the bus also.....if that Dr had all those records open to public viewing and your GF didnt say something she is just as guilty as he......the next patient may not be as lucky as you.....

It's not throwing any of those patients under the bus. I have worked in HIPAA compliance and nothing would happen to those patients. Dr would get a fine and have to clean everything up by a specified date and if he didn't do that he'd be fined again with possible legal action. What it would have done for me is given my attorney a possible leg to stand on in court in order to request a new physician for the IME exam. However, I was fine with what the Dr said so I left it at that. I figured that if another patient comes along, doesn't like what the Dr has to say, and sees open boxes of records and knows that it's a violation of HIPAA then they would have the opportunity to approach their attorney to try and get a new IME physician. Not saying it would work, but anything's worth a shot if the IC denies you care based on the IME exam. It might give the injured worker an opportunity to appeal the decision and try again.

I'm all for throwing the IC under the bus since they've done it to me so many times already and if by not turning this doctor in means there's a possibility that another injured worker could use the situation to their advantage then I'm all for leaving things alone.

The thing is, that even if there was a Hippa Violation of only records sitting around, it does not mean the doctor is no good. It would only mean the doctor's office is lazy in complying with HIPPA is all. This would not have dis-qualified the doctor from making an IME report. And is not even enough proof to say a different IME would be needed if the medical opinion is supportive.

popflier Wrote:
jayne Wrote:so you got what you wanted.....and your gonna throw all those other patients under the bus......your GF is a medical practitioner who is sworn to do no harm and she threw all those patients under the bus also.....if that Dr had all those records open to public viewing and your GF didnt say something she is just as guilty as he......the next patient may not be as lucky as you.....

It's not throwing any of those patients under the bus. I have worked in HIPAA compliance and nothing would happen to those patients. Dr would get a fine and have to clean everything up by a specified date and if he didn't do that he'd be fined again with possible legal action. What it would have done for me is given my attorney a possible leg to stand on in court in order to request a new physician for the IME exam. However, I was fine with what the Dr said so I left it at that. I figured that if another patient comes along, doesn't like what the Dr has to say, and sees open boxes of records and knows that it's a violation of HIPAA then they would have the opportunity to approach their attorney to try and get a new IME physician. Not saying it would work, but anything's worth a shot if the IC denies you care based on the IME exam. It might give the injured worker an opportunity to appeal the decision and try again.

I'm all for throwing the IC under the bus since they've done it to me so many times already and if by not turning this doctor in means there's a possibility that another injured worker could use the situation to their advantage then I'm all for leaving things alone.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I am not saying one way or another but if the Dr doesnt care enough about his patients to guard their privacy....what else does he not care about? Just not good Patient practice is all.....could be he was a rent a Doc also and it wasnt even his office......My IME was a rent a Doc.....but he also was a quack.....good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the risks of spinal cord stimulators California_Help 0 113 06-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Spinal cord stimulators come with risks California_Help 2 362 04-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Spinal Cord Stimulator peanut222 12 14,479 01-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Tony890
  Spinal Cord Stimulator Cervical_Fusion 21 20,368 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: 1171
  MMI with a Spinal Cord Stimulator jennco1 13 21,207 06-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CRPS I & II & Spinal cord stimulator Sithie 7 5,955 12-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  spinal cord stimulator backpainfla 13 16,566 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: backpainfla
Rolleyes Does Spinal Cord Stimulation work? Sunshine7 24 29,244 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Spinal cord stimulator kytyki 6 7,570 01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Hurt at work / Spinal cord stimulator AQA 15 18,723 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2