Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
IME in the morning - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: IME in the morning (/showthread.php?tid=9925)

Pages: 1 2

IME in the morning - Gatekeeper - 03-15-2010

Hello everyone, Iam in Michigan and I have an IME tomorrow morning. I followed a link from someones thread that said I should bring my letter of approval for SSDI there with me, is this true cuz my lawyer says not to give anymore info than they ask for. Help i am confused
Thanks

RE: IME in the morning - Bummer Knees - 03-15-2010

I would pm Bad Boy and see what he says.

Good Luck with the IME!

RE: IME in the morning - freebird - 03-15-2010

Gatekeeper Wrote:Hello everyone, Iam in Michigan and I have an IME tomorrow morning. I followed a link from someones thread that said I should bring my letter of approval for SSDI there with me, is this true cuz my lawyer says not to give anymore info than they ask for. Help i am confused
Thanks

Is this WC? SSDI and WC are totally seperate from each other.
Have you had a FCE if this is a WC Claim?

RE: IME in the morning - Bad Boy Bad Boy - 03-16-2010

Social Security has nothing to do with your work comp injury. Your going to an IME only for a medical opinion, not to tell them you been Awarded SSDI. Leave the letter home.

If not asked, don't offer.

RE: IME in the morning - Still in Limbo - 03-16-2010

BX4 is giving You Great Advice, as I Have had 3 IME's so Far! Make Your Answers Courteous and Short, and don't Offer anymore than Asked! And while in the Waiting Room, if You are met by Someone wanting to Small Talk, just Talk about the Weather and such, nothing about Your Case, I watched a Gentleman Talk away in the Waiting Room at One of My IME Appts., and when the IME was Done, the Guy He was Talking to went into the Dr.'s Office and I could Hear Them in the Hall Discussing what the Gentleman told Him in the Waiting Room, it was a PI!! Just Be Careful and only Offer what You have to!!Wink Best of Luck!!Wink

RE: IME in the morning - huey42 - 03-16-2010

I would show him as a reference type deal . I wish I would have in the beginning.

RE: IME in the morning - Bad Boy Bad Boy - 03-16-2010

Huey, reference to what, or for what? This is an IME meaning medical evaluation of records and injury. Only a Medical Opinion is to be given. Not to know if a person is on SSDI or not. Anyways, Social Security will do a medical evaluation of the persons full body and full medical history. Where Work Comp is only looking at the injured body part, nothing more. So I say reference to what? Never ever throw more into the Mix then you have too. You need to remember that many IME Doctor's are paid by the work Comp Insurance, they are not there to treat anyone. They only look at X-rays and medical records, and maybe if your lucky a simple evaluation of ones body part injured, nothing more.

RE: IME in the morning - Gatekeeper - 03-16-2010

freebird Wrote:
Gatekeeper Wrote:Hello everyone, Iam in Michigan and I have an IME tomorrow morning. I followed a link from someones thread that said I should bring my letter of approval for SSDI there with me, is this true cuz my lawyer says not to give anymore info than they ask for. Help i am confused
Thanks

Is this WC? SSDI and WC are totally seperate from each other.
Have you had a FCE if this is a WC Claim?

no I have not this is a W/C IME, they cut me off last year and I have a Lawyer

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Huey, reference to what, or for what? This is an IME meaning medical evaluation of records and injury. Only a Medical Opinion is to be given. Not to know if a person is on SSDI or not. Anyways, Social Security will do a medical evaluation of the persons full body and full medical history. Where Work Comp is only looking at the injured body part, nothing more. So I say reference to what? Never ever throw more into the Mix then you have too. You need to remember that many IME Doctor's are paid by the work Comp Insurance, they are not there to treat anyone. They only look at X-rays and medical records, and maybe if your lucky a simple evaluation of ones body part injured, nothing more.

Thanks BBBB I gave them nothing more than they asked for just my MRI from two weeks ago. This was an IME for my W/C claim which I was cut off last year but am fighting to get benefits back or settlement whichever. This crap is frusterating as hell but I will never give up!!!
thanks

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Social Security has nothing to do with your work comp injury. Your going to an IME only for a medical opinion, not to tell them you been Awarded SSDI. Leave the letter home.

If not asked, don't offer.

Just What I did thanks BBBB