Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Judge's decision is in! - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Judge's decision is in! (/showthread.php?tid=9922)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Judge's decision is in! - Bummer Knees - 03-16-2010

There is no where to park if a person needs disabled parking.

I asked Joe about his opinion of the state building and lack of access of the disabled.
He remained quiet, then he laughed.

I told him that is what I thought.

The ADA guide for disabled parking is 1/20 in a parking lot, not for sure what street
parking is.

This building is way out of compliance with ADA.

I noticed the disability advocated building is on the east side of the state parking lot with an alley seperating the two. I may make a phone call to the state disability advocate program about the parking in downtown Wichita.

More about today's hearing.........

The insurance company has agreed to the reimburse the medical bills presented today, but agrued on the mileage.

They are denying medical treatment so that I can return to the surgeon for a followup appointment on the replacement.

RE: Judge's decision is in! - bodybuilder1958 - 03-16-2010

Nice, insurance companies are so lovely to deal with. How can they agree to pay the medical bills but not the mileage?

I personally love the state office building, what 6 handicapped parking spots in front. Those spaces are always taken, probably for employees. I was there once nearly 4 hours with my son and none of those spots ever cleared out. Who do complain to about this building? Did our local lovely judge reside over your case?

BB

Yes she did reside over my case, I almost mentioned your name to see if she remembered you. (Just joking)

The judge still is having problems getting around, I believe her mobility has gotten worse.

Her mobility has gotten worse but yet it hasn't improved her compassion in getting decisions out in a timely manner. My old lawyer said that she can't afford to retire yet, so we continue to suffer because of her. Did you ask Joe about switching judges?

No, at this point it won't do me much good.

How about you?

Your decision should be in soon.

Today, I did tell Joe I sent you to him.

Going to get some information on appeals from the Dept of Labor web site so I can understand things better.

I could get a decision at any time or as late as May. It doesn't matter, I have peace over this, dwelling on when she might make a decision won't help. I drove myself nuts last year into 2008, not doing that again. I spend alot of time in prayer for patience and I do have peace. I wish you the same.

What did Joe say when you told him that?

He didn't say much.

He is a person of few words.

I imagine it will be June before I hear on the appeal.

That day in December with me, you, your sister sitting in the waiting room. The look on Joe's face when he saw all three of us together, priceless. It was obvious that he felt like we were conspiring against him, ganging up on him. How is your sister doing these days?
BB

RE: Judge's decision is in! - Bummer Knees - 03-17-2010

We did shake him up! Laughing

Shame on us!

He just wasn't the same rest of the morning.

My sister is doing fine.

Her cleaning/window business is taking off.
She recently completed a contract with a large corporation in Wichita.

RE: Judge's decision is in! - jayne - 03-17-2010

great Bummer I am so happy for you...patience paid off