Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Another attempted terrorist attack - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Another attempted terrorist attack (/showthread.php?tid=9322)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - MJC - 12-28-2009

This is just really scarey..........period! Guess the next thing is we will have to strip before being able to board a plane. Although this does not make me afraid to fly as I would do it in a heartbeat if I had someplace to fly to. I feel like if it is my time, it is my time and I am ready.

Cajun Hugssssssssss,
MJC

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - jayne - 12-28-2009

mmmmmmmmmmm stip before we board the plane....could be fun...till it came time to unveil this big ol body

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - Bummer Knees - 12-28-2009

When I flew to Vegas last May at the airport I thought security was wanting me to practice for one of the stripper shows.

At the Wichita airport I was taken into a seperate room where a search was conducted, and my cane was taken away.

Leaving Vegas was something else, I was seperated from the other passangers, hubby included, and taken to a nearby security room where searches were conducted.

I tried to tell security that I have a knee replacement, even offered to show the scar, didn't matter. I also wear bilateral hearing aids, which also sets off the alarms, and the cane.

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - admin - 12-28-2009

I fly quite a bit, and the sad fact is that the security you see at the airport is largely a charade. It is not a politically correct thing to say, but we waste an extraordinary amount of time and energy searching middle aged and elderly women, when the profile of the average Islamic terrorist is male, mid-twenties, arab descent. I honestly believe that some people who "fit" that profile are given a pass at the airport to avoid charges of racism or insensitivity.

I am not suggesting we target all "middle eastern looking" people for extra scrutiny, but a failure to realize or acknowledge where the threat actually comes from (in the name of political correctness) is suicide.

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - capricorn - 12-28-2009

Well said.Smile

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - Still in Limbo - 12-28-2009

I Just Pray to the Good Lord They get a Handle on This. Just Think, if They are looking and Preparing for Air Attacks because of These 2 Blotched Ones, I Wonder what They aren't Paying Attention to. I Hope These aren't Diversions We are Falling Prey to!!Wink

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - katicabogar - 12-28-2009

admin Wrote:I fly quite a bit, and the sad fact is that the security you see at the airport is largely a charade. It is not a politically correct thing to say, but we waste an extraordinary amount of time and energy searching middle aged and elderly women, when the profile of the average Islamic terrorist is male, mid-twenties, arab descent. I honestly believe that some people who "fit" that profile are given a pass at the airport to avoid charges of racism or insensitivity.

I am not suggesting we target all "middle eastern looking" people for extra scrutiny, but a failure to realize or acknowledge where the threat actually comes from (in the name of political correctness) is suicide.

So true. Last year and this year I flew through Amsterdam, I don't come even close to the terrorist profile, but both times they wasted time with me searching me and my suitcase.Why? Because to save space I stuck things into my shoes, like socks, candy etc. and x-ray shoved something in my shoes. There were also four elderly women searched, but the younger men were let go without even a question.
Also many of my presents were taken away from me, like liquor because I couldn't proove I bought them at the airport with inflated prices.
Kat

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - jayne - 12-30-2009

just a question if this fool had this stuff in his underoos is he now an "IT" did it turn into a crispy critter? just asking lol

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - Wink - 12-30-2009

jayne Wrote:just a question if this fool had this stuff in his underoos is he now an "IT" did it turn into a crispy critter? just asking lol

If it is, then perhaps Janet Napolitano should be made to wear it around her neck! Tongue

RE: Another attempted terrorist attack - jayne - 12-30-2009

I aint going there