Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Do you guys get this painting? - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Do you guys get this painting? (/showthread.php?tid=9222)

Pages: 1 2

Do you guys get this painting? - backache - 12-14-2009

I am trying something new with painting and need your help to see if what I am trying to portray is getting the message across. Dave got it right away. He wanted me to put a tear on the Native Americans cheek, but I'm afraid I'll goof.......Do you understand why the NA is in the clouds? It's not done yet, but I wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

[attachment=715]

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - Tuffy - 12-14-2009

Beautifull Backache, Time has sure changed, where have all the buffalo gone. As if we didn't know. How sad

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - backache - 12-14-2009

Thanks Tuffy. It took some doing to make it look like he was almost transparent. I wanted the clouds behind the Native American to be able to be seen, but not to overpower him. I still have a great deal of work to do on the buffalo and background.

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - sweet tooth - 12-14-2009

ba that is so so wonderful !!! skeeter said you need to age the old one a little but i think you are out doing yourself

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - backache - 12-14-2009

Skeeter is right and tell him thanks. It's just everytime I try to add age lines they obscure the background clouds because the paint becomes opaque as you add layers. I'm afraid I will lose the cloud forms that I painted him over if I keep adding layers. Actually he looks older on the actual painting than he does on here. But I appreciate both of your opinions. Thank you.

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - Still in Limbo - 12-14-2009

That's Absolutely Beautiful Backache, and I get the Message of Days gone By also!! I don't know how Much You Wanted to Add in the Background, and My Opinion Only, but are You Familiar of the Trail of Tears? Maybe You could put a Small Village Packed Up and Moving in the Background, that would Really Add to His Sorrow!! I know that's a Lot of Work, but just a Thought!! But what You have Done is Absolutely Brilliant!!Smile

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - Wink - 12-14-2009

backache Wrote:I am trying something new with painting and need your help to see if what I am trying to portray is getting the message across. Dave got it right away. He wanted me to put a tear on the Native Americans cheek, but I'm afraid I'll goof.......Do you understand why the NA is in the clouds? It's not done yet, but I wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

For what it's worth, backache...the tears are already there. I see them in his eyes. Very expressive. Don't allow yourself to copy what has been done a million times over. To me, adding tears to what is already evident would seem cartoonish.

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - jayne - 12-14-2009

Marcy it is beautiful.....I can feel his pain....your talent is a wonderful gift...

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - backache - 12-15-2009

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of your kind words. Still I like that idea I'll research the trail of tears. I have seen it , but don't know where. First I have to highlight those darn buffalo and fix them up a bit. Wink after Dave looked at the pic for awhile he said I probably didn't need to put the tear there since the Native American already looks sad. I agree it may look cartoonish and it would be very difficult to do. I'm afraid to mess with his eyes because I don't want to mess them up. This is the first time I ever painted a person. I have sketched them a couple of times, but painting is a bit different. Thanks Jayne if I didn't have my painting right now I would be going crazy.

RE: Do you guys get this painting? - RNvic - 12-15-2009

Backache- this painting is beautiful. You can see the pain in his eyes.