Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... (/showthread.php?tid=753)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - jayne - 07-07-2007

I remember when it was only black and white screens and the screens were round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - Dallas307 - 07-07-2007

me too and the foil worked on the rabbit ears LOL

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - jayne - 07-07-2007

it still does here in the country

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - Deb - 07-07-2007

Oh me too I remember aluminum foil and round screens. I have a picture of me standing in front of one when I was oh about 6 or 7 and there were only 3 channels to choose from. I remember complaining about nothing to watch - well guess what!! That hasn't changed much, except now I have some 300 channels to choose from and still there are times when there is nothing good to watch - go figure.

Deb

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - monster - 07-08-2007

I remember when "I" was the remote control, LMAO... I'm sure many of you remember that as well from your own upbringing

Smile Dallas, for some reason I don't like clowns, never have for as long as I can remember and I absolutely could not stand Bozo, he was one creepy looking dude to me. Maybe one scared me when I was little or something but I think they are scary looking and that's coming from someone who will willingly pick up snakes, bugs, spiders, scorpions and move them to the desert where they belong...yet I see a clown and cringe, LOL Smile Yeah, I'm weird!!!

So happy for you on the man thing. If you're happy then I hope it works out for you. BTW, we enjoy having you here whether you answer questions or not. I for one love your personality and would miss you f=dearly if you disappeared Smile Are you going to be anywhere near Midland/Odessa towards the end of the month for any reason? I'm going home to visit so just thought I'd ask...

Edited - my typing is getting worse, I have no idea what f=dearly means but it wasn't intentional, lol...

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - Dallas307 - 07-08-2007

monster
you are so funny but I have to tell you I was scared of BOZO too- he was creepy. I think who ever took me and my brother there must have not liked us LOL I cried the entire time. The man thing- so far has really been fun and well as for relationships-hmmmmmm who ever knows where it will go until it gets there. But for now he is fun and planning on taking me on another trip- like for a week. OK TMI LOL

I think you should stop by Dallas Midland/Odessa are not in me future. In another life and job I use to go there a lot.

I like being here and I would miss you f=dearly Also!!!!!!!

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - monster - 07-08-2007

LMAO - I am glad you would miss me f=dearly too Smile I have no idea how I did that for there are no keys I was using anywhere in those areas, LOL! Think I'm going to have to pass on driving even more. I am planning on driving and then my dad wants to go and see his brother (my uncle) in Wichita Falls and then my stepmothers siter and husband whom I don't even know. Sounds like I am going to be nothing but in a car for a week so I'm not sure how much 'fun' this is going to be. I just really miss my dad so I will spend time with him any way I can!

Going back to Bozo - the few times I actually tried to watch it for a few minutes wsn't there almost always a lot of kids crying in the audience. I am serious, that really was on scary looking clown to me !!!

I so understand missing your dad and wanting to spend more time with him. Wichita Falls is much closer than Odessa.....

You are right about the BOZO- and kids were always crying - Why did not our parents think there something wrong with that picture.

RE: Dallas, I hope you haven't left the forums... - UndercovrAngel - 07-08-2007

Boy, the things you miss when LIFE gets in the way. Have ben busy at work, and busy on the house that we are trying to renovate. Then there was all the flooding that we had here. It looks like the rain has departed for some time (been almost a week without any) and only slight chances this week for any. Hopefully it will hold off so that we can get our yard here back under control. It is still so wet that we can't mow it and will need a hay baler by the time it is dried enough.

Monster ... I saw in your reply to Dallas that you will be coming into my neck of the woods. I would love to get the chance to meet you. And I can drive to find you, as Wichita Falls is my hometown now. Let me know if you will have the time to get together and maybe have a coke or a cup of coffee. On me of course Big Grin

I remember growing up and watching Howdy Doody, Romper Room, Capt'n Kangaroo and ol Bozo. But there is one that we watched everyday that was a hometown show out of Denver. It was called "Blinkies Fun Club". And yes, Blinkie was a clown Monster. My Brownie troop appeared on his show the summer that I turned 6, and it so happens that it was the week of my b'day, so I got to go up and stand with him while he sang Happy B'day to me. I was scared $$HITLE$$ !!!! ~LOL~

How many of you remember Sharri Lewis and Lambchop??

Angel ^j^

Oh yea Sharri and Lambchop-and the Tuesday night bugs Bunnie hour