Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Does anyone else use regional words? - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Does anyone else use regional words? (/showthread.php?tid=7298)

Pages: 1 2 3

Does anyone else use regional words? - backache - 05-01-2009

I have noticed speaking to people on the phone that people from other areas have different words . My future DIL says boughten and I notice that everyone from that town also uses it. What word comes from your area?

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - Bad Boy Bad Boy - 05-01-2009

Well, I don't know...LOL....Tongue

How about;

Get-er-Done...ROTFLMAO...Tongue

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - backache - 05-01-2009

ROFLMAO That is definately some......

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - jayne - 05-01-2009

in my travels soft drinks have many names....soda.sodee,soda pop,soft drink,coke or cola....here it is a soft drink......down the road a piece can mean 100 yards to 100 miles.........

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - backache - 05-01-2009

Jayne Honey I hate to tell you, but everything you say is regional..........When I speak to anyone from your area and the south I would buy ice off of them if I was an Eskimo....Northerners speak fast and get to the point. Southerners have all day to tell you the same thing. I rather live in the South......We call it POP

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - sweet tooth - 05-01-2009

the biggest thing down here for me to get usad to was they say hope ya instead of help ya and thats just skimming the top lollool lets just say my grandkids dont know how to talk its swampabilly as they say with us from ky and the way they all talk here and yes we still get commented on down here a lot

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - fencer11 - 05-01-2009

While the missus wus inside fixin vittles, we all was down yonder in the south pasture bringin in critters fer chowtime.

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - Bummer Knees - 05-01-2009

My Grandma was from Oklahoma and when talking about someone it was always
her man, or Ms XXX's man. Not husband or boyfriend, but her man.

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - UndercovrAngel - 05-01-2009

~laffin~ One of the first things that Randy taught me...down here in TX, it's y'all, not you guys. And when getting a pop,soda,sodee etc... you always say coke and when they ask what kind, then you say the brand name. IE: coke, pepsi, mt dew etc., and y'all have to have at least a spoonful of black eyed peas on New Year's Day for good luck, even if'n ya don't like 'em.

Angel ^j^

RE: Does anyone else use regional words? - AQA - 05-01-2009

UA, you forgot one. Ustacould (use to could). John do you work?? Well I ustacould.

Things you will never hear a redneck say.
1) Deer antlers take away from the home decore.
2) Shes to old to wear a bikini.

I better go before I get in trouble.